Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia
Ranked #3 of 10 Food & Drink in Lecce
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrated by the NYT for its role in promoting Puglia's ancient and Unesco heritage cuisine, Stile Mediterraneo Cooking & Wine School offers first class and unique culinary and cultural experiences with highly professional local experts. From hands on cooking classes, to visits to best markets and food producers, all experiences are a way to learn about the authentic culture of Puglia with the local food & wine experts. Classes are hands on and take place in different locations around Lecce and Puglia. Wine tour and visits to artisans are provided in Lecce and rest of Puglia. You will learn an ancient cuisine that in Southern Italian was handed down mother to daughter for centuries (as NO MEN would be allowed into a real Pugliese cuisine!) And that is today Unesco heritage as well as one of the healthiest in the world, according to Harvard Medical School. You will learn the unique Stile Mediterraneo cookery method put together by food expert, Cinzia Rascazzo, and her team of doctors and cardiologists: this is a unique method that enhances food nutrients and flavors and is only taught at Stile Mediterraneo Cooking School. The Stile Mediterraneo School was founded by Cinzia Rascazzo, certified olive oil taster, 3rd level AIS wine sommelier, Harvard MBA.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
londonles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“a delicious time!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is the second time I've gone to Cinzia for a cooking holiday. My first was three years ago with a friend and I always vowed to take my family once the children were old enough. We could not have been more happy. My daughter (8) and son (6) had a fantastic time making tagliatelle pasta from scratch (as did my husband and I!). When we ate it for lunch, we all agreed it was the most delicious pasta we had ever had! In a world where everything is rushed, it was absolute heaven to be there as a family, taking our time to make hand-made beautiful food. The best holiday experience we've had as a family for a very long time! Cinzia also has great recommendations for restaurants in Lecce and so much knowledge about wine and olive oil. It's a foodie's dream!

1 Thank londonles

San Diego, California
“Great cooking and cultural experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend and attended Cinzia's cooking class in September and were delighted to find that her mom and sister were going to be part of the experience as well. Since the weather was quite hot Cinzia changed the location from the Lecce area to her parent's villa near the water.
It was a great opportunity to learn about family life, traditions and the history in the Puglia region.
The recipes were healthful and delicious and I've made several of the dishes a couple of times since my return home. We had a relaxing and fun learning experience with Cinzia and Marika - they really made us feel at home and part of the extended family. In addition to cooking classes Cinzia also does wine and olive oil tours and tastinngs. I would highly recommend any of the programs.
Making arrangements was easy, Cinzia is very responsive, thorough and helpful.

Visited September 2012
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Fantastic Food Experience in Puglia”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

In October I spent a wonderful week in Puglia cooking, wine/olive oil tasting and making several cultural trips with Cinzia and her sister Marika. I was looking for a cooking course in southern Italy (because Puglia has one of the best cuisines of Italy, if not the best!) and found Stile Mediterraneo's website very clear and appealing. As stated online, Stile Mediterraneo is much more than just a cooking school; you get to know about the local tradition and culture of healthy slow cooking in a very laid back way. Together with Cinzia, we also made several half day trips to some local food markets, vineyards and did an olive oil tasting which was very interesting and much fun. As Cinzia and Marika both come from this area, they have so much knowledge and can explain with so much enthusiasm that you can't wait to start cooking some of the delicious ingredients yourself! We did the cooking with a small group of charming people in their beautifully renovated palazzo where we tried their recipes which were not difficult (I don't have much cooking experience) and incredibly tasty. I loved the focaccia bread, the tasty tomato sauce together with the handmade orecchiette pasta, the sea bream in sea salt crust or the ricotta cheese cakes we made. I can't wait to go back there for another visit again!

Wisconsin
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My mom and I spent two classes/days with Cinzia and Marika and could not have had a better experience of learning about the tradition and style of the Puglia cuisine, before venturing out to the rest of the Puglia region. The classes were laid back and fun! Recipes and food are easy and delicious; I have returned home and already re-made two recipes. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to understand how and why the Southern Italian cuisine is both delicious and healthy. Cinzia and Marika are wonderful teachers and hosts!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Experience in Puglia”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent a wonderful afternoon and evening cooking with Cinzia and Marika (and their mother Dina). My partner and I and our 16 year old daughter were in Puglia for a few weeks and looking for insight into the local cuisine. We found Stile Mediterraneo online and it was perfect. The weather was smoking hot, so Cinzia and Marka moved the course from Lecce to their parents' villa by the water. We shared the patio, the preparation tables, the instructions and the meal with visitors from Holland and Australia. Highlights were the discovery of the "guitar" for making linguini, a wonderful slowly sautéed pepper dish and the most succulent sea bream cooked in a salt crust - helps to have salt flats nearby. Cincia and Marika were instructive, engaging and informative, and encouraged all of us to get involved. They answered all our questions and had a lot of good information about local cooking and food. They made our daughter feel very welcome. And their mother, who joined us unable to speak English but very able to communicate and to show us the right way to do things, was a delight. We have prepared these recipes a number of times since returning home. Each time bringing back memories of a wonderful trip and a very special cooking experience with Stile Mediteraneo.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank davidk111

Travelers who viewed Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia also viewed

Been to Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia? Share your experiences!