All reviewsrooftop barvalet servicethe ground floor restaurantquality hotelold townlovely hotelroman ruinslocal cheesebreakfast buffetfive star hotelhard boiled eggsroom rategarden suitemain piazzacentral locationpublic areassmall balcony
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect, right in the centre but peaceful. We got a free upgrade to a junior suite that was spacious and very clean. Best of all the staff - welcoming and always helpful. Use the valet parking it’s worth the money!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
154reservations, Front Office at Risorgimento Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in our Hotel Risorgimento Resort *****L Lecce and your positive feedback.
Best regards.

Maria Teresa Raso
Front Office

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This property was very mediocre in my opinion. The location in Lecce is excellent - can walk to everything in the city. The rooms are a bit out dated and the breakfast was included but very limited. If you wanted something other than hard boiled eggs you had to pay for it. The rooftop bar is lovely. They advertise a fitness room but it’s almost non existent. Our room was terribly hot and when we finally called to complain they literally fixed it right from the front desk. Seemed odd that we could not control the thermostat ourselves. I would try another property a bit more upscale if we return to Lecce.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Go443680
Reviewed July 13, 2018

The hotel is first-rate in every way. Our room was clean, modern, and in good repair. The food was excellent, including room service. The location is perfect for taking in Lecce as a tourist. The rooftop restaurant/bar is a lovely tucked-away spot away from the hustle and bustle.

Our particular stay took things a level further, however, when my wife fell ill and was hospitalized for five nights. We even had to stay behind when our tour group moved on. It was very stressful.

The hotel staff, however, was as helpful and supportive as could be. They helped with alternative travel arrangements, advised on different transportation options, assisted with the endless language difficulties, and were understanding and flexible as the length of our stay exceeded our reservation. Their assistance and caring attitude made a big difference; they came through for us at a time we needed their help. Everyone on the staff was great, but Antonio and Miriam at the front desk were especially helpful; as anxious as we were to finally move on from Lecce, we kind of hated to say goodbye to them.

So in a nutshell: excellent hotel, great location, and staffed with real human, caring people. Can’t do much better than that.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobfromBerkeley
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Hotel is located in the middle of things - right off the main piazza, Roman ruins, restaurants.Overall very nice. Unfortunately the rooftop restaurant was closed for a private event, so we didn't get to enjoy that. Breakfast was splendid. Room was quite nice but the window opened onto a small urban backyard corner, no view and not much ventilation. Other rooms might be better. Go for the highest room you can get.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I have to warn my 130000 readers. Our family stayed at this hotel in 3 rooms on 6 June 2018. We put up the DO NOT DISTURB sign in room 311 around 6:35p to go across the street to Sephora to buy a new travel mirror. When we returned around 6:55p the front desk staff advised me that I had to remove my DO NOT DISTURB sign for them to reconfigure our bed that had been incorrect for our reservation. However, when I went up to room 311 to do so, I noticed that staff had ALREADY BEEN IN OUR ROOM AS THE BED LINENS WERE STREWN ALL OVER THE FLOOR AS IF SOMEONE HAD LEFT IN A PANIC. WHAT WAS MORE ALARMING, IS MY LUGGAGE WITH ALL OF MY EUROS IN MONEY BELTS HAD BEEN LEFT OPEN IN THE OPEN LIT CLOSET. That was the ONLY time my luggage with money had been UNLOCKED FOR THE ENTIRE 2 WEEKS OF OUR ITALY TOUR AND WHEN I CHECKED MY MONEY LATER, THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF EUROS MISSING. I have tried for OVER A MONTH to get a response from the hotel to check the key card entry system for whom went in or security cameras during that time, and even sent an email to the hotel chain owner ANDREA MONTINARI, BUT NO RESPONSE. I AM NOT LYING! I trusted them, and I shouldn't have. We have NEVER had money or ANYTHING stolen on any trip AND WE HAVE TRAVELED THE WORLD. Perhaps the staff split the money and are working as a team, but I KNOW that they ENTERED OUR ROOM ILLEGALLY, and the KEY CARDS will prove it. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR ANY VESTAS HOTELS PROPERTIES. THEY ARE NOT HONEST OR CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel. they will enter your room illegally and not respond.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank anengineeredtraveler
154reservations, Direttore generale at Risorgimento Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for note posted on Trip Advisor concerning your stay at the Risorgimento Resort, Lecce Italy.

First of all we would like to remind you that we have answered to you on June 21st, 2018, confiming that no one of our staff has taken away money or any other guest belongings from the room. We have informed you that the "do not disturb" sign doesn't imply that authorized staff cannot enter into the room when guests are not occupying it, as for Emergency reasons all the Hotel rooms must be freely accessible by our Hotel staff at any time. Also, as already explained in our aforementioned answer to you, we wish to reiterate that all our rooms are equipped with Safety boxes, free of charge, to lock in any kind of valuables.

Giuseppe Mariano