“The best place in L'Aquila!”
Review of Ju Boss

Ju Boss
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in L'Aquila
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Enoteca, cantina, pub, bar, punto di aggregazione
Reviewed May 1, 2018

I lived in L'Aquila for approx 10 years and this is by far the place that I like more. They have a huge number of different wines and they prepare good "focaccia" with whatever you want. It is not at all a high class or poshy place, but you can find any type of people there.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed April 10, 2018

This was my first visit to Ju Boss in L'Aquila and it was an informal business lunch with a large group. My first impression was a bit skeptical as we pushed a number of tables together to accommodate our large team. However, after our hosts ordered local sandwiches with meats and cheeses from the region and local wine for the table, my opinion quickly changed. The service was very good and amazingly fast. And I loved the food. Granted, our meal was very casual and local sandwiches are not exactly gourmet fare, but I loved it! And the whole group had a good time. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed December 29, 2015

Great little bar that's become something of a symbol of resurgence post earthquake in the ancient heart of the city of l'aquilia. Opened in 1931 after being refurbished the bar sat on the site of an existing bar that opened in 1895 so it's historic.
Damaged in the earthquake it reopened in 2009 and it's nice to be still greeted by the same owner and his crazy bar team. As the first bar to reopen after 2006 it has a loyal crowd and can get busy with drinkers out in the street. Wide selection of local wines and nuts and treats.
Check out the long wooden bar and general atmosphere, if it's busy head on to the bars located on the nearby square.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 15, 2015

Stopped here for a drink or two during a recent visit to friends living in L'Aquila. Smashing little place but don't try and ask for the wine you want as the barman will tell you it's his job to tell you what to drink!
We will be back for sure

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

We have been frequent visitors to L'Aquila before and after the earthquake, nice to see the city getting better with each visit , stopped for a drink it was busy with locals as well as some of the construction workers, great wine list very well priced

Date of visit: November 2015