Our 2 families (4 adults 4 kids aged 8,8,5,4) spent 2 week camping at Piani Di Clodia from 22nd July to 4th Aug 2012. We arrived at lunch time (Sunday) and were lucky enough to get 2 premier camping pitches together close to the Lake and Swimming Pool. Overall this site is excellent value for money, with great facilities, 2 separate pool areas with slides, a supermarket on site that is well priced and has everything you could need, plus good restaurants and takeaways. There are 2 cash points on the site also. The site is probably 80% Dutch, with the rest made up from Germany, Belgium, Swiss and not many Brits. This was not an issue with us and we found our fellow Europeans to be friendly. There is evening entertainment spoken in English and Dutch, which the kids enjoyed. On an evening there is a free bus from the site which take you to nearby Lazise from 6.00pm and the last bus returning at 11.00pm. Lazise is a great town to visit with plenty of shops and restaurants. We also took a ferry from Lazise to visit Simione (well worth a visit) and Peschiera, cost was 64e for 2 adults and 2 children. We also drove to Malcesine (about 1 hour) and took the cable car up Mount Baldo (suggest you get there early as the queue was long at 11.00am) which is worth a visit and the town of Malcesine is stunning. The site is close to Gardaland, we went one evening (6.00pm to 11.00pm), the cost was 64e for 2 adults and 2 children and which was less busy and not as hot.
Would we return? definitely to this campsite, plenty of facilities and we felt safe, not sure about the drive from UK (Yorkshire) we travelled through Belgium, Germany (inc stopover) and Austria which was without any holdups going. Busy leaving Italy heading back to Austria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The holiday park Piani di Clodia enjoys direct access to Lake Garda. The park covers 29 hectares of land, all dedicated to relaxation and fun. With over 890 shaded pitches for caravans, campers and tents we meet every camper’s needs. However, if you prefer a different type of accommodation, you can choose between comfortable bungalows or maxi caravans for up to six people. Since 2016 we offer exclusive accommodation called "Borgo dei Colli": a mix of technology, eco-friendliness and relaxation promoted even by exclusive and private Jacuzzi of which some of the apartments are provided. Glamping: Luxury tent and Sky Lodge available for our adventurous guests! Waterfalls, rivers and water slides make up an extraordinary water park with a total of seven swimming pools. This means plenty of fun for the children, while adults can choose to relax on the sundecks, in the beautiful Jacuzzi, or down on the beach with a magnificent view of Lake Garda. Get ready for a real taste of Italy. We have bars, restaurants, pizzerias and a take-away shop with healthy, delicious and authentic Mediterranean menus. You also find a bazaar, a supermarket, a kiosk, a games room, a medical center and internet point / Wi-Fi-zones within the campground. Every day the animation team offers daytime and evening activities and entertainment for all ages. For those who appreciate practicing sports, you can use our tennis, soccer, volleyball, basketball and beach volleyball courts, ping-pong tables and a fully equipped fitness room. Piani di Clodia – all the emotions you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Piani Di Clodia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piani Di Clodia Hotel Lazise
- Piani Di Clodia Lazise, Lake Garda, Italy