“Excellent location!”
Review of Hotel Corallo

Hotel Corallo
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Imperia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in transit but I really apreciated the location and the excellent sea side view. i just wished to have arrived earlier not in the middle of the night. The breakfast was ok. The room was clean, but had an unplesant smel. My room was overlooking the sea so I woke up with the waves noice - it was a perfect morning.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor with sea view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ceamur A

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here with wife, summer 2013, double room, sea view, balcony, 2nd floor. So far so good!
First impressions- on entering hotel was 'are we in the right hotel?'. Once checked in with unfriendly receptionist, we headed for our room. Dated, unmaintained , with chipped furniture and clean but not new bed linen. Jacuzzi in room, however this was not working correctly. Great seaviews. Breakfast nice - continental.

Room Tip: double room, sea view, balcony, 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 00Alan
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I have had similar experience with the poor reviews. The location was excellent and the view fantastic. I had booked 7 months prior to staying at this hotel. The room in need of major refurbishment and also my teenage children were booked in on another floor. I looked around the hotel and indeed there are far more attractive rooms. So the people who were happy seemed to have stayed in those but we definitely stayed the the low budget ones even though we paid almost 100 euros per night. We did complain but got nowhere with either the hotel or the booking site we used. I enjoyed my stay regardless but very disappointed with the room and the situation with our children. I was told by reception that with the price I paid that is what you get. My bill for 5 nights was 980 euros!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view with balcony. Also I would ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank James M
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sat nav had little trouble finding this hotel but its signposted in town and it location by the beach at a junction made it easier to find. I picked this for its location next to the beach - wanted some where to sit out for a day after a lot of travelling. A dated marble clad reception wasn't the best of impressions, but the welcome was friendly and helpful. A lift the size of a coffin didn't help, but up in the rooms things got a lot better; we had a large room with balcony, overlooking the bay. Simple and unfussy decor, comfortable bed and good air conditioning. The bathroom turned up more marble cladding but it was clean, with shower and whirlpool bath. The toilet was a pig to flush...not ideal when you're sharing a room.

Breakfast was fine (cold buffet) and included in the price. Parking was free but with limited spaces. All in all not a bad hotel but nothing particularly elegant.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was there with my girlfriend in June 2013 with a GROUPON DEAL and i loved it.
The deal was for a Saturday night, a very good dinner and breakfast.
Its position is perfect for a good weekend at the sea (it is just in front of the hotel) and nearby the Imperia's train station.
The staff was formal and gave us every kind of information about the town and the structure services.
The dinner's quality was exellent also whether it was for a little quantity. Breakfast was a very rich buffet of evey kind of things, from the British breakfast style to the simple coffee and milk with croissants, cereals, biscuits, etc.
The restaurant is both internal and external. We have had dinner out, with sea like background.
I suggest also a quite tour after the dinner on the quay, where there is the Saturday night life.

Every way, this review is related to my journey there with Groupon.
I have looked at the price without it and it is more expensive, then "pay attention".

Room Tip: I suggest the room number 204 (it was our room) because there is a good sea-view and i loved it.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and had a such a pleasant trip that I decided to come back again this year with my finance and to look at it it as a possible wedding venue! I am not sure whether the hotel has been taken over by new management but it was totally a difference experience than last year and NOT a good one. It started when we arrived to reception they couldn't find our booking, eventually they found it and we were given the keys to our room. I had requested a room with a "nice sea-view". I assumed since I had a balcony last year it would be similar! When we got to our room I couldn't believe it. The room was tiny with a small little window which if you stood on your toes you could just about see the ocean! The bed covers were torn and the TV wasn't working!! I was shocked! I went to reception to complain and to say they couldn't have been bothered is an understatement! I mentioned I was there with the view to booking my wedding for the following summer and this was my finace's first time & I wanted it to be a nice experience, & that the room was not the "superior room " I had booked online. They offered me an upgrad for €100 extra a night!! even when I considered that they said Oh no they hadn't any available....I asked what I would loose if I cancelled my stay (6 nights) and I was told all my money..yet booking.com later told me they CANNOT take the full amount only one nights stay!! after an hour of getting no-where with the staff I got onto bookings.com and when reception saw this all of a sudden another room came free!! We got to see a wedding on the sat and that was the final straw it was a disaster with broken plates and food around reception and all along our corrider! None of the staff were helpful at any stage, breakfast time the guy on duty was too busy kissing his girlfriend to even notice any guests! And when we went to reception to book a taxi home they lady barely put her head up from the computer and remained seated as a desk a good bit away from the main desk. I would NEVER recommened this hotel to anyone and have to say that I have NEVER came across such rude/unhelpful staff

2  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Three adults stayed in one room enroute from France, no booking just enquiry at reception and as December wasn't a busy time, we had a good sized room for a good price.
The restaurant wasn't open but we were pointed in the right direction and had a lovely meal out.
Breakfast was included and quite reasonably stocked.
Off-street parking another bonus for us.
I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imperia
Hotel Ariston
#1 of 3 in Santo Stefano al Mare
Hotel Riviera dei Fiori
Hotel Riviera dei Fiori
#1 of 1 in San Lorenzo al Mare

Been to Hotel Corallo? Share your experiences!