“Functional and well located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Corallo

Hotel Corallo
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Imperia
London
“Functional and well located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sat nav had little trouble finding this hotel but its signposted in town and it location by the beach at a junction made it easier to find. I picked this for its location next to the beach - wanted some where to sit out for a day after a lot of travelling. A dated marble clad reception wasn't the best of impressions, but the welcome was friendly and helpful. A lift the size of a coffin didn't help, but up in the rooms things got a lot better; we had a large room with balcony, overlooking the bay. Simple and unfussy decor, comfortable bed and good air conditioning. The bathroom turned up more marble cladding but it was clean, with shower and whirlpool bath. The toilet was a pig to flush...not ideal when you're sharing a room.

Breakfast was fine (cold buffet) and included in the price. Parking was free but with limited spaces. All in all not a bad hotel but nothing particularly elegant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was there with my girlfriend in June 2013 with a GROUPON DEAL and i loved it.
The deal was for a Saturday night, a very good dinner and breakfast.
Its position is perfect for a good weekend at the sea (it is just in front of the hotel) and nearby the Imperia's train station.
The staff was formal and gave us every kind of information about the town and the structure services.
The dinner's quality was exellent also whether it was for a little quantity. Breakfast was a very rich buffet of evey kind of things, from the British breakfast style to the simple coffee and milk with croissants, cereals, biscuits, etc.
The restaurant is both internal and external. We have had dinner out, with sea like background.
I suggest also a quite tour after the dinner on the quay, where there is the Saturday night life.

Every way, this review is related to my journey there with Groupon.
I have looked at the price without it and it is more expensive, then "pay attention".

Room Tip: I suggest the room number 204 (it was our room) because there is a good sea-view and i loved it.
Limerick
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and had a such a pleasant trip that I decided to come back again this year with my finance and to look at it it as a possible wedding venue! I am not sure whether the hotel has been taken over by new management but it was totally a difference experience than last year and NOT a good one. It started when we arrived to reception they couldn't find our booking, eventually they found it and we were given the keys to our room. I had requested a room with a "nice sea-view". I assumed since I had a balcony last year it would be similar! When we got to our room I couldn't believe it. The room was tiny with a small little window which if you stood on your toes you could just about see the ocean! The bed covers were torn and the TV wasn't working!! I was shocked! I went to reception to complain and to say they couldn't have been bothered is an understatement! I mentioned I was there with the view to booking my wedding for the following summer and this was my finace's first time & I wanted it to be a nice experience, & that the room was not the "superior room " I had booked online. They offered me an upgrad for €100 extra a night!! even when I considered that they said Oh no they hadn't any available....I asked what I would loose if I cancelled my stay (6 nights) and I was told all my money..yet booking.com later told me they CANNOT take the full amount only one nights stay!! after an hour of getting no-where with the staff I got onto bookings.com and when reception saw this all of a sudden another room came free!! We got to see a wedding on the sat and that was the final straw it was a disaster with broken plates and food around reception and all along our corrider! None of the staff were helpful at any stage, breakfast time the guy on duty was too busy kissing his girlfriend to even notice any guests! And when we went to reception to book a taxi home they lady barely put her head up from the computer and remained seated as a desk a good bit away from the main desk. I would NEVER recommened this hotel to anyone and have to say that I have NEVER came across such rude/unhelpful staff

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joyce C

Travelers are raving about these Imperia hotels

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Three adults stayed in one room enroute from France, no booking just enquiry at reception and as December wasn't a busy time, we had a good sized room for a good price.
The restaurant wasn't open but we were pointed in the right direction and had a lovely meal out.
Breakfast was included and quite reasonably stocked.
Off-street parking another bonus for us.
I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. There is a nice sandy beach across the road from the hotel, which you can access without paying the fees for a deck chair and umbrella and the hotel will give you towels to take to the beach if you ask. The room we had was basic, but had a fantastic view of the beach and marina, which is what really counts. The breakfast area also has a lovely view and the food was typical of European breakfasts. I agree with another review that the hotel needs a refurbish. A coat of paint In the rooms and some softer updated furnishings would make this hotel much more pleasant. The staff were relatively friendly, although understaffed for a hotel that was booked out. They seemed u der pressure and this showed in their efforts when assisting guests. We left the restaurant one night, as we did not receive service due to the restaurant being very busy. We also tried to contact room service after leaving the restaurant , but had no success. This is not necessarily a reflection on the staff, but perhaps due to the lack of staff on duty on such as busy weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julianneba
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night in August 2012 on our drive back home.

It was early in the evening already that we stopped at a different hotel which (thankfully) was fully booked and whose reception staff recommended the Hotel Corallo to us. The hotel was located right at the beach.

Positive: a very warm welcome by he reception staff, a spacious junior suite on the 4th floor equipped with modern furniture, a good bed and a balcony facing the ocean. A nice outdoor dinner served by young people who obviously enjoyed their jobs. The next morning equally nice breakfast outside.

Negative: if anything, the aircondition unit on the balcony. It worked well but it's rusty condition reminded us of the pictures Japanese trawler we which was swepped away by the Tsunami and was recently sighted off the Canadian coast a year later.

Conclusion: Had we known about this hotel and this place earlier, we may have planned our vacation a bit differently. We would like to come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJL_Vienna_Austria
cornwall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Hotel is Perfectly located on the sea front in this lovely little port. The location is great and this could be amazing but needs a refurb! The rooms are very tired and basic in decor but saying that the air con and shower was fine. Be sure to ask for sea view. Choice of breakfast was limited, coffee and service good though.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imperia
Rossini al Teatro
#7 of 15 in Imperia
Hotel Centro
Hotel Centro
#5 of 15 in Imperia

Been to Hotel Corallo? Share your experiences!