“Great food and drink at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Dai Pippi

Osteria Dai Pippi
Ranked #10 of 221 Restaurants in Imperia
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salies-de-Bearn, France
“Great food and drink at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great osteria with friendly staff and dog friendly! We ate outside until a shower, then moved inside for a final coffee. Good local food and wine.

Visited May 2013

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Real Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

On enquiring if there was a table for four available our waitress,thinking we were tourists said that they did not do Pizza. This was exactly what we wanted to hear. The short menu was full of interesting dishes with the accent on fresh and local.
The Ricotta Gnocchi with Beetroot was delicious,followed by slow cooked Rabbit and Coffee Panna Cotta to finish. The service was very fast and very friendly and the House Wine is €18 a bottle. Complimentary Limoncello completed a memorable meal which I could not fault. This is a little gem in the back streets of Poro Mautitzio and I urge you to try it if you are tiring of the usual Pizza/Pasta places. This is real Italian Food

“Warm, friendly with outstanding food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a fantastic place. We had the most divine ricotta gnocchi, seared tuna, tortellini in a magical clam broth and slow cooked rabbit. This was the first time I had eaten rabbit and I was most pleasantly surprised....tender and flavoursome The food and friendliness / service was so good the first night we went back for a second meal. Not much english spoken but the waiter went the extra mile to make sure we had what we wanted...even got a dictionary out to explain the truffle sauce!! This was by far the best place we ate in Italy, taking everything into account.

• Visited February 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“I love this place, and always return when visiting Imperia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Three words: Gnocchi al Castelmagno.

I dream of it when I am not in Imperia, and make sure I go each time I return for a visit. The gnocchi are a special item, I believe, so you might ask for it when you call to make your reservation. But even if they don't have it that night, everything else I have eaten here is fantastic, especially the deserts!

The restaurant itself is quite cute and small, tucked away, but not hard to find. After your meal, you can enjoy a lovely walk around Porto Maurizio's harbor. At Pippi, life is beautiful, or as they say in dialect, "A vita a l'e bella!"

• Visited June 2011
Italy
“Never a disappointment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Returned after a year or so. Was not disappointed and the overall rating is excellent. The seating is sparse, so reservations with Chef Ivano are warmly suggested ahead of time.
The de-hors is now even more classy but casual, and the menu is off the board and strictly with fresh catch and produce (fish and meat).
One of my favourite places.

• Visited August 2011