I stayed at Grosetto with a very good friend for four days on a business trip.
We loved it!
This hotel has the facilities and professionalism of a major national chain - yet it also offers the sincere personal customer service from which the major chains are so sorely lacking.
The best thing about this hotel is the staff; as a Brit I am all to familiar with sullen resentful service from my fellow countrymen who seem to resent the idea of "serving" somebody else.
The staff at Hotel Airone are a million miles away from England - the entire team were enthusiastic, bubbly cheerful and nothing for them seemed too much trouble.
However many cappucinos we ordered at 2am, they reacted with charm, enthusiasm and panache. That must have taken some doing!
The night concierge at Airone was simply exceptional - one of the best hotel staff experiences I have ever encountered anywhere in the world. He really does his job with style.
On the day shift an excellent female senior manager runs the hotel with impeccable efficiency.
The hotel is modern, fashionable and has great facilities including steam room, sauna and a great reception area.
Best of all was the price - we were paying 70 euros a night for each double room with well stocked minibar. Having arrived by train from Rome where I was paying double this fee for anything that approached this quality of hotel, it was refreshing to find a bill so much LOWER than I expected!
Criticisms or negatives? I had none of substance. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to find a drawback I could only think of:
1. The swimming pool was a bit smaller than I expected and taking vigorous exercise swimming lengths would be tough to do here (although there was a great outside rooftop balcony/Bar).
2. Breakfast was fine and perfectly decent - but didn't really blow me away.
3. To start with the hotel was so full and we had booked so late we were in a single room which was slightly cramped; if possible I would recommend trying to get a double. After we moved, we were over the moon - the accommodation was perfect.
4. The town centre was a 10-15 walk which suited us perfectly, but some people might prefer to be right inside the city centre. I would suggest this accommodation is worth the extra stroll though! I don't think there anywhere else in central Grosetto which comes close to this...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The staff of the Airone Hotel is glad to welcome you in Tuscany and more precisely in our "Maremma". We have created for our guests a structure which sums up high style and innovative system, in order to make your holiday an unforgettable experience repeatable through time. Moreover, we have studied for you services and facilities to enrich your stay with comfort and relaxation. Easy to find and reach, good for every kind of permanence, the Hotel lies 50 mt. Far from the historical centre of the city, 7 km far from his gorgeous Dolce Vita in front of the sea, and 2 km far from the output "Grosseto Est" of the highway. Very next to the historical and commercial centre of the city, the Hotel was entirely restructured last year. Our Hotel has got 71 rooms with three junior suite, one Fit Suite (Suite with private gym Technogym) and one senior suite, surrounded by an high technological service system able to transform a simple stay in a hotel in an unique and extremely comfortable holiday. Every detail was designed with special care in order to create not a room but a little corner of tranquillity. Nothing is random, from the soft and sensual colors to the very vangard materials. Each room is soundproof, has got air conditioning with antiallergics radiant panels, phone, minibar, digital safe, HDSL, pay TV, DVD player and 42 inches satellite TV. Free wifi in every ambient of the Hotel. Spaces like the fitness centre and the beauty farm, the conference rooms, the hall and the lounge bar complete our 4 stars concept of receptivity. We have two floors of underground parking available for our guests. Comfortable for every kind of permanence, Airone Hotel lies in the middle of tuscan Maremma, surrounded of natural beauties, historical exhibits and enogastronomical goods. Details and refinements, elegance and taste to perform not a simple kind of stay but a real experience to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Airone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airone Hotel Grosseto