“Always demand to be served properly” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Riva
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Giardini Naxos
A TripAdvisor Member
“Always demand to be served properly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2005

Because I was studying Italian language for a few years and because of my wonderful Italian friends I have always wanted to visit Italy and Sicily. It was supposed to be the holidays of my dreams.
La Riva hotel in Giardini - Naxos seemed to be the place to go without hesitation.
On their website you can find- “…the tastiest local dishes are served together with refined national recipes…” I’m sorry but during 2 weeks of our holidays we had 6 days with spaghetti all pomodoro (not bad but - the cheapest Italian dish I suppose) and for desert during 7 days we had choice between fruits and tiramisu. I love the taste of that cake but not every day!!!
But food is not the most important for me I’m not demanding and not used to complain (to be honest it’s the first time I’ve been doing it).
We had a problem with one person from the staff. While staying at the hotel (2 weeks at the end of August 2004 – we bought holidays at the air AIRTOURS operator (UK)) we were served by 2 waiters. One of them was really nice and it was a pleasure to be served by him. In contrast, the other waiter - Mr. Gaidaro (Tino) treated us very badly. It seemed he knew better what we wanted to drink or eat and his attitude towards us was really nasty. In the end before every meal I felt really nervous and started to feel guilty that I have to eat at all. We had given our remarks to the hotel management on the 12th day of our stay. The management’s reaction was professional and I regretted that we had done it so late. All in all without that one person it would have been really nice place.

Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first