Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Excellent Local Service

Reviewed July 8, 2018
John M
via mobile
Perfect Private Driver ...

Reviewed August 6, 2015
Daisy K
Greater London, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Through our hotel, Mazzaro Sea Palace we had the Franco Group provide a airport transfer from Catania airport to Mazzaro Bay near Taormina.

We found the driver courteous and the Mercedes van was very clean and comfortable.

During the week of our stay, our hotel Concierge again arranged for a private car for a day trip to Mt Etna and a winery lunch and tour at Gambini. Robert was our driver and we found him very friendly and talked through a number of the local attractions and was happy to make stops along the way. We made it to almost 2000m up Mt Etna and walked one of the craters before heading to the winery.

Gambini winery was a great stop and we had a beautiful lunch and wine tasting experience. Robert waited patiently before returning us to the hotel later in the afternoon.

We had a Mercedes sedan which again was very clean and comfortable on what was a hot day.

Finally, we took another private car for a day trip to Noto and Syracuse with our driver being Giovanni. He was excellent and we found him very friendly and professional with a ultra clean and comfortable luxury van. This was a long day and Giovanni took the time to highlight the key attractions, recommend a great local restaurant and provided plenty of time to explore on foot.

Giovanni also returned us to the airport from the hotel on our last day.

I would thoroughly recommend the Franco group as the cars are great quality, clean and most of all the drivers were punctual, spoke good English and were very friendly in their customer service.

Ciao

John M

Reviewed July 11, 2017

When I took the taxi to hospital, the driver had no receipt book. I was referred to their office in the hotel, which was never open when I went to che k.

Sicilytourexcursion, Direttore generale at Franco Group, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Dear Marie
We know, the driver had no receipt book was finish.
The driver left the receipt the day after at the reception with your room number.
Our office is open every day from 09:00 to 13:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00.
Is really strange, you wrote the office was never open.
Anyway, I think your review is really irresponsible, and penalizes a company that carries out his work with passion an professionalism.

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

The most disgusting service I have ever encountered in my life. They were rude, they repeatedly lied and told us we were twisting the truth even when they had admitted they were lying. They sold us a guided godfather tour yet on the day the driver spoke no English and had no historical background of the villages. The company then tried to twist the story yet again and say that due to the lack of parking and a bit of rain the driver could not park his car (even though they have given this tour many times before therefore know what parking is like). On Another occasion they sent us a broken minibus which broke down in the hills of Taormina late at night and called us 'unbelievable' for not wanting to get back in the same bus even though it was rolling down the mountain! Other companies have apologised for their behaviour towards us and told us of their notorious reputation for having a scam of a service with extortionate prices.

4  Thank Tarlaan M
Reviewed August 6, 2015

We booked a last minute trip to Mount Etna with Sicily Tours and Excursions by Franco Group. Our driver was Giovanni, he collected us from our hotel reception and escorted us to a comfortable Mercedes. On our journey to Etna he showed us points of interest and ancient lava flows. We had a wonderful morning and were so pleased with Giovanni that we booked him to take us to Catania train station the following day in order to catch a train to Palermo for the next part of our stay. He was very kind and suggested that it would be better to travel from Messina train station as the trains were more frequent, there he helped us with our luggage and to purchase train tickets, he as the perfect gentleman. We would definitely recommend Franco Group for excursions and transfers, they are very good value for money.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

This was a full day trip with Franco tours. The driver was excellent and the guide was very knowledgable, stopping at local businesses to show sicilian art and food. The bus winding up the VERY narrow roads was a real white knuckle ride with fantastic views of the lava flows and volcano. I will go with them on my next trip to Sicily

Reviewed May 26, 2015

Taormina, here I come! Again! I can’t wait to repeat this adventure. Obviously, I'm coming with a group of friends. I convinced them really easy that this trip is unique and we’ll have so much fun.
August is generally fully booked. But I managed to make a favorite itinerary with the help of Franco Group.
How important it is to have a fantastic guide?! Vincenzo, our driver will tell you to ‘close your eyes to feel the place, within your heart’. How many of you can do this?! How many of you forgot to do this?! If you think that a picture can show you everything, you’ll be on shock when you see the real place. Are you honestly prepared for the first breath?! In that moment you feel that time is endless.
You have to know the local history, to be able to understand this way of life, the warmth of the local people, to feel the strong bounds of Italy. Every time I’m coming here, I’m so enchanted by the amazing beauty. I’m looking forward to spend the mornings in the sun of the Ionian See, to make long walks on the coast, to see Greek theater, to have a cruise trip to mountain Etna and do so much more.
You have my thanks in advance, Vincenzo! Prepare the car and keep the engine running!
Alina

1  Thank Alina L
Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I was going to Taormina. Angelo was the Best guide to show us around the city. All the best reccomandations from Denmark

2  Thank 833ChristineH
Reviewed April 19, 2015

me and my friend , we booked a day tour from naxos beach hotel to mt. etna ,
we was really lucky to meet a fantastic driver, vincenzo picked up us on perfect time , by an amazing van and showed us many special places.
the day after we decide to do one more day tour and vincenzo drove us to siracusa and ortigia .
thanks vincenzo u r the best.

1  Thank morgan l
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We had a wonderful and memorable tour. I have booked 10 Mini van transfers for a group of guests. I was very impressed with the professional service provided by Franco Group - it was easy to book, reasonably priced and they replied to my questions promptly. We were always picked up on time, the drivers were friendly and helpful, and the vehicles were high class and new. Very happy overall and I will use the again next time we come to Sicily!

Reviewed December 8, 2014

Vincenzo was our driver for one day tour with a cruise ship from Mount Etna to Taormina, and back. He was very knowledgeable and helpful and enabled a very smooth experience of the volcano as well as an interesting pit shop on the way. We got to taste honey and also bought some of the local products. I would strongly recommend Franco Group if you are in the Sicily and you are looking for a car with a driver to show you around.

1  Thank Alina L