“Looks can be deceptive!”

La Tortuga Ristopub
Ranked #68 of 140 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant looks so modern, clean and new from the outside but that's where the positive points end!first off all the staff were rude,like we were a nuisance cos we wanted to eat dinner.we waited an hour for starters which consisted of ham and melon for hubby,tuna tartare for me......they were not heated starters so could not understand the delay.then they couldn't get plates away fast enough for mains,circling around us until we were done.the main was horrible,I got a pesto pasta dish and it was NOT pesto,in fact it was a ragu like gravy sauce with meat.i would not have liked to be a vegetarian.i took two bites and left it.toilets looked lije tgey hadnt been checked on in days with papers lying everywhere and a very pugent smell of urine.we complained but were met with blank faces and shrugging of the shoulders.i just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible but would have expected an apology of some sort.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Really bad food, poor service, dirty, really bad waiters that were unfriendly when we criticised the "stake" with big blood vessels. Don't go here

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Beautiful and clean location. Super staff and compliments to the cook.

Good and surprising food, already I tell you that we we back the next day.
Fish and Pasta courses really excellent and for low money. I tried Tuna and Swordfish and it was just delicious. Same for Spaghetti Carbonara, everything is good and dressed with know how.
the wines we had also amazing .

Special thanks, GRAZIE MILLE a Luca, Filipe e Corrado

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Top Restaurant with realy top food. We did order other food than from the menu too. Perefect. Very clean and good service.

1  Thank lprb
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just across from the Hilton...dehors is nice and quite "design" for local standards. I can see how the music would be fun in the summertime, with the wide terrace and stylish (once again, for local stamdards) atmosphere.
However, we just went for a pizza not wanting to take the car and even that was bad.
The exact description would be: it tasted like Domino's in the US!!

The fried olives and arancis we tried were frozen, not homemade which, considering it is October and the full season is long gone, could have been an idea.

Service: not a smile and took my plate away while I still had food in my mouth ;)

Maybe I would recommend for an aperitif!