“It’s alright”

Il Porticciolo
Ranked #64 of 160 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived late to Giardini Naxos and went there. The food is fine and they had English menus. I recommend the pasta with seafood dish.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (194)

Reviewed August 15, 2019

Sat down at a table and was given menu’s, then the waiters never came and took our order, we waited 20 minutes and signalled then many times but they ignored us. We ended up just leaving and eating somewhere else.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I visited Il Porticciolo in June as I live close by. The linguine with zucchini and shrimps was extremely well executed. The staff was amateurish but willing as is to be expected of a sea-side Trattoria that only works in the summer months.
Encouraged by this experience I tried a second time and was sat at a nice table overlooking the bay. Unfortunately, one of the days specials (tuna medallions in cous cous) whilst presented pleasantly enough turned out to be a complete disappointment with the tuna having an outer husk reminiscent of bread.
I feel sorry for the tuna that sacrificed its life to turn up on my plate, I am disappointed that they also serve “ala lunga” a.k.a. young underdeveloped, mostly illegally fished tuna that fishermen dump on the market in the absence of decent catch.
So give it a try but I’m not as enthusiastic as I was first time round.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I had pasta alla norma as an starter which may be the best one i have ever had. As an main course i had swordfish which was very good as wel. We have been comming here for years and it never disapoints.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The quality of the food was good. Unexpectedly, only 3 of us got our dish in time (we were 5). 1 of us had to wait for more than an hour and didn’t even got his ordered dish. He got another, not chosen, meal. There was no compensation or respect at all! On top of this, the ober spilled a glass of wine and demanded to pay the fill bill. What is this?

Date of visit: August 2018