We had based our booking with this hotel on the positive reviews but were sadly very disappointed with the level of service! See the attached photographs!
We stayed at Hotel Villa Mora from June 1-4 this year (2006) and were given a very small, dark, dreary bedroom with two single beds that had been pushed together - not even secured together! It had a balcony that looked out on someone's overgrown back yard and 2 derelict buildings!
We decided to exercise our right to ask for a better room with a view of the beach - but we were told: "we were lucky to have a room with a balcony"!!! We later realised that this hotel did not have any rooms with view of the beach!
The bathroom had a smell of urine in it and the shower wasn't even properly enclosed - resulting in the whole bathroom floor getting wet! (See attached photo!). Also the tiny window in the bathroom was all rusted! (See attached photo!)
We had no choice but to accept this room. But to make matters even worse we were woken every 30 minutes throughout the night by the sound of high speed trains travelling past this hotel. None of the previous reviews have mentioned this - and I simply can't believe this! This resulted in us not having a proper sleep for the 3 nights we spent there. This was the worst part of our experience at this hotel as I highly value my sleep!
In addition, the rooms were supposed to be cleaned every day but after our second night and day in Giardini Naxos we arrived back at the hotel to find that the room was still as we left it! We had to ring reception to ask for fresh towels and toilet roll and we were told in no uncertain terms that all the rooms had been cleaned - when our room was not!
To add insult to injury one of our single beds broke when I sat on it on our final day there! We were given another bed but we weren't even offered an apology!!! Instead of an apology we were told that "they are new beds, they are only 3 years old, very heavy and strong".
We do have one good thing to say about this hotel. Mr Pati - the owner made an excellent breakfast! He was the only nice thing about this hotel unfortunately!
We obviously won't be staying here again although we would happily go back to Giardini Naxos - as it is a very nice place! Overall we would have to strongly advise TripAdvisor readers to avoid this hotel at all costs until the hotel sorts out its rooms and level of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small enchanting family-run hotel, furnished with charming Sicilian antiques. Conveniently located in the heart of Giardini Naxos, Hotel Villa Mora attracts a local and international clientele known to return for the warm hospitable atmosphere and exquisite Sicilian cuisine. Close to the main beaches, commercial and entertainment areas, Hotel Villa Mora is strategically located 15 minutes away from the picturesque town of Taormina and a 45 minute drive to the eminent volcano Mount Etna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Villa Mora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mora Hotel Giardini Naxos
- Hotel Villa Mora Giardini Naxos, Sicily