We were fortunate to have a suite with a huge balcony overlooking the sea. Bliss. The hotel is designed with lots of gilt and elegant furniture. The cleaning staff did their best but obviously didn't have time to clean everything. The balcony was very gritty under foot but then Etna was sending the occasional shower of ash over us. I was tempted to ask for a broom and dustpan and brush! We were very comfortable in our spacious suite and enjoyed the fun of a double shower (which flooded the bathroom!). We found the dining room staff very busy and with no time for courtesies. For me the beach was not the best as it shelved quite sharply into the water. The hotel pool was lovely and only being 1.3m deep was not a challenge. We spent more time over on the beach at Naxos. It took us about 20 minutes to walk there but there is a bus stop nearby which is very useful. We returned to the airport on the bus which took 1 hour and cost 15 euros for the two of us. No problem. Taormina is easily reached by bus and not a place to take a car as it is very small with very little parking. Well worth a visit as is Etna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Giardini Naxos, first Greek colony in Sicily, holds a wide archaelogical site with its relating Museum. Few landscapes embrace the most typical beauties of Sicily as Giardini Naxos, cradle of ancient mediterranean civilizations and avant-garde turistic resort in Southern Italy. In the middle between Messina and Catania, only 5 km from Taormina, Giardini Naxos is at less than one hour drive from Fontanarossa Airport in Catania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hellenia Yachting Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellenia Yachting Giardini Naxos
- Hellenia Yachting Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily