I stayed at Hellenia on 7th July 2012 for 6 nights. The hotel is lovely, the staff were also get helpful. But it's clear that the hotel is a shadow of its former glory. The interiors are lavish and very clean and tidy, but there are clear signs that the building is getting old.
Our room was perfectly comfortable (remember that European beds are always very firm - which is fine by me but might not be to everyone's cup of tea!!). But looking beyond the walls, the air conditioning was very old and noisy (and not really that cold to be honest). The bathroom was always clean and perfectly usable... but, again, looking old and dated. It really could do with being refurbished if I'm honest... especially if they are going to keep their 4star rating.
As already mentioned, the staff were brilliant! Always helpful and all spoke English a LOT better than I could speak Italian which I'm very grateful for.
Giardini Naxos is an interesting place. It's a little rough and ready in places but the restaurants outside the hotel were all nice (we made a point of trying a different one every night). There isn't a great else to do though in the area to be honest and we found ourselves heading out to other places like Taormina which is a truly fantastic place! So pretty and interesting...
In terms of things to see and do in the local area, Etna is a MUST! It was amazing... Alcantara Gorge is also fantastic... Taormina as already mentioned... It's also worth traveling up to Castlemola for the views!
Also just spending time on the beach outside the hotel is lovely. The sea was warm and crystal clear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Giardini Naxos, first Greek colony in Sicily, holds a wide archaelogical site with its relating Museum. Few landscapes embrace the most typical beauties of Sicily as Giardini Naxos, cradle of ancient mediterranean civilizations and avant-garde turistic resort in Southern Italy. In the middle between Messina and Catania, only 5 km from Taormina, Giardini Naxos is at less than one hour drive from Fontanarossa Airport in Catania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hellenia Yachting Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellenia Yachting Giardini Naxos
- Hellenia Yachting Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily