We stayed here in early May so the hotel was fairly quiet. The rooms were of a really good size. The first room we had (311) had a bad smell in the bathroom which they couldn't clear so they quickly offered us a choice of alternative rooms. All very good. We were on half board . The breakfast was very good although no full cooked breakfast (thank goodness). Scrambled eggs and a wide choice of cold items with some lovely juices. Dinner was 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts. All lovely and varied with a good sample of local food. If you have the pasta starter you will struggle to finish the main course! The hotel public areas had a greco-roman theme and way over the top but still had a wow factor. Pool was good with a jacuzzi at one end. If the hotel was very busy I think there wouldn't be enough sun beds but the beach is a few steps away. We were very happy with the hotel and the staff who were all very friendly and helpful, although some struggled a bit with English. Out of the hotel to the left there are a small selection of restaurants to the right it is a 10 minute stroll to the centre of the resort. Opposite up a few steps there is a cafe with brilliant staff, good snacks and cheaper drink. Also look up and there is Mt. Etena right in front of you. First two weeks in May seems to be the start of season with some places only preparing to open. This meant it was more peaceful and the weather was warm without the searing heat. We had a hire car for the whole time we were there, it was a nightmare and never again will I drive there. I have driven in many countries without a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Giardini Naxos, first Greek colony in Sicily, holds a wide archaelogical site with its relating Museum. Few landscapes embrace the most typical beauties of Sicily as Giardini Naxos, cradle of ancient mediterranean civilizations and avant-garde turistic resort in Southern Italy. In the middle between Messina and Catania, only 5 km from Taormina, Giardini Naxos is at less than one hour drive from Fontanarossa Airport in Catania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hellenia Yachting Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellenia Yachting Giardini Naxos
- Hellenia Yachting Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily