We got back today and I felt I had to put a review on as we had such a good time.
The hotel is lovely, modern and airy. It is very clean, the pools are great and the rooms are fab with big showers, air conditioning as standard and lovely sea views. It is literally on the beach front, which is itself made of pebbles, so take/buy some close-fitting shoes e.g. windsurfing shoes, as they'll prove invaluable.
It seems made-to-measure for families.
When we were there most of the guests were Italians with a smattering of French, some Germans/Russians and a handful of Dutch and Brits. Everyone was polite, there was no drunkenness and I didn't hear a single English expletive all week.
We went all-inclusive and the food and drinks were excellent. There's a great selection of foods every day - almost all Italian but that's what you're going for - and we were never disappointed. You can have an entire bottle of wine per couple at both lunch and dinner every day if you wish, but in the heat (37 degrees or more every day), we drank more water and pop than anything. The booze in the bars is also all from brand name bottles and the measures are enormous. The prices are, too, if you're not all-in, so watch out for that.
A tip for ordering at the bars: only Brits and some Germans queue. If you follow suit you'll end up getting infuriated, as I did initially. Instead, just do what the Italians and the French do and go straight to the bar, as close as possible to whoever is currently being served. The barmen will almost certainly serve you next.
As regards the "bar staff rudeness" comments, I'd suggest ordering in Italian and simply just being polite. Initially the bar staff, especially the men, were downright surly it has to be said, but then you might be, too, if you had to put up with people coming up to you for 12 hours a day and just saying, "Two cokes", without a good morning or a please/thank you.
I speak only a tiny amount of guidebook Italian and asked the staff themselves what the Italian for "with ice" was ("con ghiaccio" if you're interested). I thus tried to order everything in the local language, and by the end of the week I was being addressed as 'sir' and was receiving a far faster and more pleasant service, so it worked for me and it was good fun learning some new phrases.
The evening shows are also provided in an open-air amphitheatre on site and were very well orchestrated. There's a lot of English spoken/sung amidst the Italian and the singing/dancing is great. The kids on-site loved every minute from what we could see. There's free sea canoeing and sailing, archery, tennis and other events every day except Saturday.
Pairs of sunbeds and umbrellas were available on the beach from £7 for a full day.
The front desk staff were a little hit-and-miss (we were told there was no internet access by one, only to find out later there were four terminals next to reception for rent at €3/hr), but that was the only issue we had all week.
Overall the place is top drawer and we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atahotel Naxos Beach is a modern, all-around resort, just a few KM from Taormina. It offers a full range of services, that makes it the ideal place where to relax and unwind in a beautiful location. Sicily's crystal clear sea, its warm sunshine and the delicious food served in the five restaurants are just some of the things you can expect from Atahotel Naxos Beach, along with impeccable and attentive service. The modern congress center offsets the resort's sport and leisure activities, designed for families looking for an attractive holiday location with a full range of facilities: nightclub, swimming pools and shopping center. RESORT: 642 rooms: 189 in hotel (19 Junior Suites), 453 in cottages (63 Superior). Rooms available for disabled guests. 5 restaurants and 4 bar. Private beach. Beach umbrella, beds and chairs and towel service. Medical service. Newsstand. Tobacco products. Boutiques. Photographer. Laundry. Internet Point and Wi-Fi in common areas. SPA & WELLNESS: Massage and beauty treatments. Gym with trainer. Yoga and relax techniques. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: 4 pools (including 2 for children and 1 Olympic). 2 tennis courts. 2 five-a-side football pitches. Group lessons for sailing, windsurfing, and canoeing. Archery, tennis, swimming, water gym, aerobics, and step aerobics. Tournaments:volleyball, basketball, soccer, water pool, tennis, bowls, ping-pong, chess, diving center, billiards and video games, discotheque, piano bar, entertainment staff, Baby and Mini Club. Near the resort: water skiing, parasailing, riding, jet ski, and pedal boats, Golf Club with 18 holes (25 km). EETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: 14 rooms and 1 plenary room for up to 780 people in theatre seatings. 1.600 m2 area. A large proposal for all events. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized, exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atahotel Naxos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Naxos Beach Hotel Giardini Naxos
- Atahotel Naxos Beach Giardini Naxos, Sicily
- Naxos Beach Resort