“Excellent Tour of Mt. Etna and Taormina!”

Sicily Limousine Service Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 26 Tours in Giardini Naxos
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked a cruise excursion/daytour online, described as the "Etna Experience and Charming Town of Taormina" This tour did not disappoint!
We were met at the cruise port in Messina by Antonio. He was a fun, friendly, and informative tour guide, tailoring the tour to our desires/needs/expectations.
Our first stop was Zafferena Etnea, where we visited a local family farm with incredible array of local wines, honeys, olives, and olive oils.Onward to Mt. Etnawhere we ascended to 2500meters for a tour and stroll around the Silvestri Crater.
What a surprise when we made a stop in Ghiardini Naxos for canolis which he presented to us for consumption while taking in the wae-inspiring views of Piazza Belvedere!
Finally we took time in Taormina, a beautiful seaside resort town, with excellent shopping along the Corso Umberto.
I would highly recommend this tour for anyone on a cruise or with limited time in Sicily. Thanks Antonio!

3  Thank Christopher M
There are newer reviews for Sicily Limousine Service Day Tours

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Thank you again. Claudio was an excellant driver and guide!
He knew when we wanted to stop before we asked. He was
knowledgable and polite. We asked for him to recommend a
restaurant and it was perfect.

We had 7 people in our party. We were picked us up in a fairly new
van that was air conditioned and clean. The tour was ralaxing and
we didn't feel rushed. The price was very reasonable compared
to the price of shore excursions sold by the crusie line. I would
recommend Claudio and Sicily Limousine Service anytime.

1  Thank CruzerDave
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We booked a tour of Etna and Taormina plus a stop at Giardini Naxos as we were visiting the area from a cruise ship.(June 24 sailing on Celebrity Silhouette)
Tiffany was always prompt and did a great job in arranging the tour.The driver was very pleasant and did a fabulous job.
I wish we had more time to explore the area but I hope to return.
It was so much better to have a small group of 8 and the price was also very good.The driver was very accommodating and we had a lot of flexibility on how long to stay at each attraction.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Tiffany,

We arrived back to our home last evening and I did not want to delay in sending you a note and saying THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Claudio was fabulous, and he took a very personal interest in our trip and the emotions involved in going to the village of my ancestors. Everything I had hoped and prayed would happen did, and I again say THANK YOU.

I promised my relatives that I would be back, and you can rest assured that I will be contacting you again. My daughter has already posted your company on Facebook and told everyone that if they go to Messina you are the ones to call.

I do not have Claudio's address, but PLEASE tell him that I am indebted to him for the personal care and attention he gave us. I only wish we had more time.

Most Sincerely,

Joe DeCerbo

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We booked the Unknown Etna towns and Taorima tour for our one day stop at the port of Messina. During the booking process, Tiffany was always very prompt in her responses, and she answered all questions I had. As for the tour itself, what an amazing day we had! Our driver met us right outside the port, and since he had a sign with my name on it, he was very easy to find. We loaded into a very clean, comfortable van where the first thing he did was pass out delicious cannoli! We made our way to the Alcantara Gorge where we made a quick stop to take in the beautiful views! From there, we headed to Castiglione where we took in amazing views of the Alcanta Valley and a Greek Fortress. We then made another stop at a very, very old church that is no longer in use and in somewhat of disrepair, but even in this state, still very beautiful. From here, we had great views of snow capped Mt. Etna. My highlight of the day was our stop at the Gambino Winery where we had lunch...WOW! We were seated inside but with a view of a portion of the orchard. They have a set menu, but you are given a choice of how many selections you want. Each course is paired with a different wine. I am not a big wine drinker, but even I thought about bringing a bottle back with me....that is how good it was! During the entire day one of my friends joked and talked about the Godfather and the mob with our driver. Her nickname by the end of the day was Toni "Gambino". When we got back into the van from lunch, the driver had music playing from The Godfather. She loved it! Let me sidetrack and talk about our driver...I so wish I could remember his name. Needless to say, he was a big hit with us, so nice and attentive. By the end of the day we felt like he was more of a friend than a tour guide! From lunch we went to Piazza Belvedere for a quick photo stop, and we then headed to Taoromina where we had free time to walk around and explore. I cannot say enough about Sicily Limousine Service. Their excursions are much more affordable than the ship excursions, and they take you places that you would never see on a ship tour. If you only have a short time to explore Messina/Taoromina, I highly recommend using them! If ever I make it back to Sicily, I will be contacting them again!!

3  Thank Lovetotravel3816