“More Than I expected”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More Than I expected”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Tiffany,

We arrived back to our home last evening and I did not want to delay in sending you a note and saying THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Claudio was fabulous, and he took a very personal interest in our trip and the emotions involved in going to the village of my ancestors. Everything I had hoped and prayed would happen did, and I again say THANK YOU.

I promised my relatives that I would be back, and you can rest assured that I will be contacting you again. My daughter has already posted your company on Facebook and told everyone that if they go to Messina you are the ones to call.

I do not have Claudio's address, but PLEASE tell him that I am indebted to him for the personal care and attention he gave us. I only wish we had more time.

Most Sincerely,

Joe DeCerbo

Visited July 2012

Pensacola
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“One of the Best Days of our Trip!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We booked the Unknown Etna towns and Taorima tour for our one day stop at the port of Messina. During the booking process, Tiffany was always very prompt in her responses, and she answered all questions I had. As for the tour itself, what an amazing day we had! Our driver met us right outside the port, and since he had a sign with my name on it, he was very easy to find. We loaded into a very clean, comfortable van where the first thing he did was pass out delicious cannoli! We made our way to the Alcantara Gorge where we made a quick stop to take in the beautiful views! From there, we headed to Castiglione where we took in amazing views of the Alcanta Valley and a Greek Fortress. We then made another stop at a very, very old church that is no longer in use and in somewhat of disrepair, but even in this state, still very beautiful. From here, we had great views of snow capped Mt. Etna. My highlight of the day was our stop at the Gambino Winery where we had lunch...WOW! We were seated inside but with a view of a portion of the orchard. They have a set menu, but you are given a choice of how many selections you want. Each course is paired with a different wine. I am not a big wine drinker, but even I thought about bringing a bottle back with me....that is how good it was! During the entire day one of my friends joked and talked about the Godfather and the mob with our driver. Her nickname by the end of the day was Toni "Gambino". When we got back into the van from lunch, the driver had music playing from The Godfather. She loved it! Let me sidetrack and talk about our driver...I so wish I could remember his name. Needless to say, he was a big hit with us, so nice and attentive. By the end of the day we felt like he was more of a friend than a tour guide! From lunch we went to Piazza Belvedere for a quick photo stop, and we then headed to Taoromina where we had free time to walk around and explore. I cannot say enough about Sicily Limousine Service. Their excursions are much more affordable than the ship excursions, and they take you places that you would never see on a ship tour. If you only have a short time to explore Messina/Taoromina, I highly recommend using them! If ever I make it back to Sicily, I will be contacting them again!!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Lovetotravel3816
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day in Sicily”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

On June23, my husband and I and two friends were passengers on the Azamara Quest, and we used Sicily Limousine Service for our private winery and Taormina tour.  Claudio was our driver and guide.  Our day with him was definitely one of the highlights of our entire vacation!  He was polite, knowledgeable, personable, fun to be with, and took us to some wonderful places.  We started out at Gambino Winery for lunch and a tasting, then went to Scilio Winery for a wonderful tour and tasting by the fourth generation owners, who made us feel like family. Next, Claudio took us around Castiglione, a typical and beautiful Sicilian village. We had time to stop at a breathtaking overlook of the sea before being dropped off in taormina for a couple of hours of late afternoon shopping (after the crowds had left), before Claudio brought us back to the ship.We highly recommend Sicilio Winery, which we understand was a substitution for another one that had some operating difficulties that day.  We all had a fantastic time, and we can't say enough about Claudio.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sicily Limo Service and Claudio are the best”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Claudio was great from the minute he met us at the airport. He was knowledgable about the area and had great insights on where we should spend our time. We used Claudio's services on a few day trips and we were extremely happy that we did. He was very informative on the history of each area and knew exactly where we should shop and eat. We are planning a Sicilian trip next year and Claudio is very much a part of our plans.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank jas017
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful day!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I visited Taormina while on a cruise in August 2011. We arranged a
half-day tour with Sicily Limousine with Anthony as our guide. Anthony picked us up on time and escorted us to a Mercedes vehicle with air conditioning. Not realizing we had to be back
at the cruiseship terminal within a very short period of time, we asked Anthony to shortened
the tour which he was easily able to do without jeopardizing the the ambiance of the tour.
He took us to a shop specializing in locally made honey, olive oil and wines. He then
whisked us away to Mount Etna where he provided excellent information on the volcano.
Anthony is local to area and very knowledgeable. He is perfectly bilingual and spoke
English with ease. After the tour at Mount Etna, he took us to the town of Taormina
where we had a very nice lunch and finished our day with some shopping. Anthony was very
accommodating while ensuring that we saw the highlights of of Taormina without feeling
rushed.