“Best restaurant I find in Naxos”

IL Covo Ristorante-Pizzeria
Ranked #41 of 133 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Gavle, Sweden
“Best restaurant I find in Naxos”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The restaurant have good and affordable foods. Our favorite was grilled chicken and pizza.

Mahmoud and Noushin

Paris
“Absolutely top quality - Best Pizza in Sicily - Fish is excellent too”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have been coming back to Giardini 4 years and this is the place I have my Pizza and Pasta.
I cannot believe it is now rated 26...There must be some funny reviewing going on here!

As someone who travels to Italy multiple times a year for eating and cooking you can guess I am somewhat picky about my Italian food....and this place rates very highly on my list of Pizza anywhere.

The owner is meticulous about ingredients - you can just tell by how fresh the salad is - consistently - every time we ate there over a few years. The Pizza is really excellent when they are busy; and if you get there earlier (before 9) it is unbelievably good you would want another.

The locals tend to turn up later and it gets very busy - if you go late and manage a table expect to wait more than usual. Perhaps some reviews did not like the rush period - it's quite a big place so the Pizzaiolo gets overloaded and things take longer and he cannot pay as much attention to each Pizza - but I stress they are still better than you get anywhere else in Sicily - at least all the places I tried in Taormina, Palermo, Agrigento, Syracuse, Trappani and Cefalu.

It's easy to forget the other food but the Pasta is also excellent - as I have eaten there many times now I try a special pasta to start with (ask for the Guiseppe Pistachio special al dente of course). The fish is fantastic and must be very fresh because my girlfriend eats it and the smell does not bother me (usually I hate fish smells). This only happens with very fresh fish and I have even tried a bit!

I love sitting in the garden (there is a strange TV showing old pop clips etc) with a strong smell of some sweet flowers wafting over to make a perfect evening....hmmm I guess I better reserve right away!

I am not in any business relationship with Il Covo. Once I saw the rating getting so low, I felt I should help people choose the best place based on accurate information. I travel a lot - check my other reviews....and hope you enjoy!

surrey
“Nothing wrong with it at all!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice house wine. Delicious pizza. Really enjoyed it. Good al fresco atmosphere with music videos. Reasonable price. Still buzzing at midnight.

Belgrade, Serbia
“Nice place and food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It was a really nice dinner time in Il Covo. Beautiful interior, nice and polite staff, tasty oven baked pizza and all by very decent price. We were happy to find a free table as its pretty crowded and we had no regrets at all.Trully recommend to everyone who's close. Other people's meals looked yummy on the tables too :)

Bucharest, Romania
“Delicious stone oven pizza”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Based on the good reviews we chose this place for dinner. We were greeted by the owner, the place was almost full when we arrived at around 21, so we were lucky to find a table for 2. We ordered a 1/2 meter pizza with 2 toppings (bruschetta and mazzara - smoked tuna filets, capers, onions), as in this place pizza is measured by the meter :) Waiting time was around 20 min, decent. The pizza was delicious, more than enough for 2. For dessert we had the home made tiramisu, absolutely fabulous. We paid 31.5 euros, including the coperto, one beer and a coke. Overall a very nice experience, I definitely recommend it to others.

Visited July 2014