“Wonderful food and wine!!”
Review of 'A Putia

'A Putia
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Such a cute little Enoteca Wine Bar!! The owner, chef, and his wife prepared an excellent meal of shrimp and pasta, swordfish rolls, pesto pistachio ravioli , antipasto of salame, cheese, artichokes, mushrooms, and dried tomatoes. We had white wine, and bread, of course!! My meal was about 15 E including service. The restaurant is located right in the middle of Giardini, right across from the beach.

1  Thank Claudiagenna

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Probably the best food we've ever tried! Everything was amazing but the caponata was simply the best. We also tried their pastas and fish and everything was delicious. The only thing we regret is that we were too full to stay for the desert, but we had a nice cinnamon digestive suggested by the owner :) You must go there if you're around.

1  Thank EDINadvisor
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Delicous meals, very good vine and very nice staff!!!!! Pasta con scampi and pasta con nero di seppia are the best!!!!!!!!!! Best place to eat in Giardini-Naxos!!!!!

1  Thank Reka V
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had low expectations of finding a truly Sicilian meal In touristy Giardini-Naxos, where I spent my final night in Sicily. My hotel recommended ‘a Putia and I couldn’t have been happier. I had a plate of assorted antipasti (assorted local cheeses and salumi, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and mushrooms) and a fish filet (I’m not quite sure what kind of fish--perhaps scabbard fish) which had been coated in crushed pistachios and then grilled. I ordered Nero d’Avola, which turned out to be particularly good. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the restaurant itself was comfortable and homey. My only regret is that it is not close to home and cannot become one of my hang-outs!

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and surprinsing food. They mix diffirent ingredients that you wouldn't combine yourself, but the result is great and very surprising. And they are friendly. When i asked the owner if it was possible to ...., she interrups me and said: everything is possible in this restaurant. We want to ask her of we can share some dishes. And we did. The ambiance is also good: half restaurant and half wine-story.