“A lesson in how to cook Sicilian”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #42 of 133 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From 1962 to Giardini Naxos in a comfortable one step from the sea with breathtaking views of the bay of Naxos, Taormina and the largest volcano in Europe, there is the Ristorante La Lanterna.
London, United Kingdom
“A lesson in how to cook Sicilian”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Here we ate Spaghetti alle Vongole, so good that I took notes on the ingredients and (with guidance from the recipe in Locatelli's book, Made in Italy,) copied it at home.
Left on my own when the rest of our party went to Etna, and anxious that I might miss their return, I dropped in for a quick salad lunch on my own. The people were kindness itself, served me very quickly and understood I was rushed. I noticed the number of satisfied Italians eating, so I took my husband back next day for a more leisurely lunch, our last in Sicily. We ate good food with a beautiful view across the water, and would so much like to go back. Two grateful and appreciative English customers.

• Czech first
Haifa, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple and good food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

All the locals pack the place on sunday. Allways go to where the locals eat. Its usually the best choise. Enjoy

Rabat, Malta
“Enjoyable eating.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We entered this place as it had parking available close by since it was raining, and have no regrets. We shared a pizza for starter and than we took s mixed seafood platter. To be honest i expected better pizza in sicily but the fish made up for it, as it was superb. Service fine, and rightly priced i think. Seems to be frequented by locals which make me believe i'm right in saying it's good.

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great seafood and wonderful view”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We noticed that this was the only restaurant in town full of Italians on a Sunday night to went there the next day - thought it must have something to recommend it. Warm welcome, lovely food and very reasonable prices.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Bobcat605
Birkirkara, Malta
“excellent food”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

very good food and service, staff very helpfull , easy parking , best location near the sea with views of taomina

Visited November 2012