“INCREDIBLY GOOD FOOD IN A WONDERFUL SETTING”
Review of Ristorante Nettuno da Siciliano - CLOSED

Ristorante Nettuno da Siciliano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our friends, who live locally, recommended Nettuno as simply the best restaurant for local seafood, and they were absolutely right.

Everything about the place is perfect, starting with a warm welcome from the owner, to the lovely setting with sea views from the covered outside seating area or the delightful indoor restaurant with sweeping views of the water.

The food is amazing! We followed our instinct to order Amberjack, a fish we had never tasted before, and it was delicious! There are many more familiar dishes and lots of daily specials, and everything we tasted ourselves or saw other diners eating, was beautifully presented. Service is friendly, knowledgable and professional.

The wine list is extensive,including a good range of local wines, and the prices reasonable.

If you are staying in nearby Taormina, it is well worth driving a few miles to Giardini Naxos and having a beautiful dinner in Nettuno.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Nettuno is without question, in our view, the best restaurant in Giardini Naxos. The food, service and attention to detail make this a place to return to again and again. The menu is beautifully judged and every dish we tasted was delicious.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Amazing food. With the 20 euros antipasto to share we were so full that we regretted ordering the primo. An endless series of delicious small bites of local specialities with a refined twist, accompanied with home baked little breads with different flavours. Even in the Sicilian context where normally food is copious and excellent this was one of the most incredible quality/ price relation I have ever had. Not to be missed (thanks to our hosts in Villa Chiarenza for having sent us there).

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I go very frequently to Giardini Naxos where in years I found good but mediocre food almost everywhere. Until I found this small gem of a restaurant run by a fantastic family the Siciliano, Angelo is the chef and the son Mimmo and his sister serve at the tables. I have had the most wonderful seafood experience in this area since ever. I had confidence in them and asked to serve me their specialty.It comes out to be a generous fantastic seafood tasting trip started with rough local fish and ended with fantastic well cooked fish from the area as well. They bring you continuously small bits of fish cooked in different ways, with vinegar,slightly fried, with wine, with olive oil, oh my God all was so wonderful.All is served in a nice way wrapped in elegant paper or with wood stick so there is a lot of creativity as well. The people serve this excellent food in this little restaurant front sea , it's small, personal, cozy and so friendly. They make their own bread served hot with a menu of olive oils. We finished with great desserts and although I ate a lot I did not feel full up.
After a few days I am still thinking of this experience, I believe this is absolutely the very best restaurant within 50 km along the coast from Catania to Taormina and believe me I am really fussy! They also have a good wine list which can be improved but I had a great zibibbo wine from Pantelleria island that is still in my mind.
So what else to say, no hesitation if you are in Taormina sea area or in Giardini Naxos try the Nettuno and you will thank me for ever !

2  Thank aquilasicula
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was Sunday, but one of those sunny winter days when we found ourselves looking for a restaurant in Taormina area, we stumbled upon nettuno, and were soon seated, the service and attention was great, the food amazing, we went for a mixed selection of dishes, the chef's creativity was great, and we enjoyed, fish, pasta and an amazing dessert. There was also a great wine menu, all in all, we cant wait to get back to this restaurant

1  Thank stuartMalta