TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Taormina by Sea, unbelievable! Smooth sailing and the most amazing memories...

Reviewed September 2, 2019
Sandy T
Trip of a lifetime!

Reviewed July 1, 2018
jojobean89
New York City, New York
via mobile

All reviews blue grotto anchor coastline captain boat sea taormina
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

Seeing Taormina by sea is a must! This is what we were told and that person was 100% right. This is the only way to fully appreciate Italian's love with family, food and the sea (mare).

Pontile Walter was recommended to us, so we booked a 4 hour late afternoon cruise.

Our agenda: Cruise the Taormina coast line, visit the blue grotto close-up, anchor in a calm bay for a swim in the pristine warm Sicilian waters, pause for a delightful and generous appetizer spread (along with some nicely chilled prosecco, of course!), cruise some more and pause again in another spot for a last refreshing swim. Had a warm fresh water rinse on the boat before drying off. We then enjoyed a wonderful spread of fresh fruit along with some delicious almond wine and a delicious Sicilian sweet before heading back. Now that is what I call authentic Italian hospitality!

Walter and first-mate (Gabrielle) are true professionals and wonderful gracious hosts! Several examples come to mind as to why...

1) They took into consideration of my wife's allergies.
2) Incredible hosts and amazing story tellers!
3) On top of details, everything you need is on the boat. All you need to do is show-up!
4) Skillful and confident sailors, they navigated the large boat into the grotto to make sure we fully appreciated the blue luminance effect. Not easy! I guess 30 years of sailing gets you lots of practice.
5) Great DJ! Music selection was amazing and made the whole day perfect.

If you are looking for an authentic exprience with a trusted captain, we would highly recommend Pontile Walter.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

My family and I booked a 4 hour private boat trip with Walter for my mom’s birthday, and it was the best day we could have ever imagined! We were blown away with the hospitality on the boat. Walter and Ëlona made us feel right at home, offering us beverages, fruits, cheese and meat, and cookies. They even had prosecco for us to toast for my moms birthday - and Walter made a special cocktail for my mom in a pineapple!

The boat was stunning - it was spotless, and had everything you could possibly need (including a shower and toiletries!). Walter took us around the coast of Taormina and let us stop at a few spots to dip into the ocean. The water was crystal clear, and we were able to snorkel with the snorkel equipment provided by Walter! The views from the boat were absolutely breathtaking.

We truly had the best experience and cannot recommend this trip enough. It was such a special day, one that we will continue to reminence forever.
We will be back!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We went for a boat ride. The weather wasn’t what our app advised. We rented for a shorter time then we wanted but the owner was negotiable and a good salesman. These boats are well worth the price. Hopefully, we can come back and give it a second chance.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2017

Rented private charter boat w/ Walter as captain. Gorgeous boat and Walter is not just captain but owner of company. He was great and very knowledgable - brought us up northern coast past Taormina! Great way to see the coastline of Sicily. Walter was very flexible about accommodating our requests and needs. Swimming was awesome and Walter's lunch spread was just perfetto!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

We chartered an half day yacht excursion from Walter and his charming wife in the golf of Taormina. It was "perfecto" from hotel transfers, to a beautiful catered Italian antipasto lunch served with great Prosecco. We made a few stops for great swims in a blue and turquoise sea - honestly could not ask for more for a romantic day on the sea...

Date of experience: August 2016