All reviewslovely hotellake viewbuffet style breakfastreception staffferry terminalmusical entertainmentlovely poolrestaurant staffheller gardensil vittorialesmall resortswimming pool istour operatorhead waiterbeautiful roomextra costriva del garda
Reviewed January 29, 2018

I have to admit that we were concerned about our impending visit having read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor.However after our holiday I wonder if the reviewers had been to the same hotel.
Firstly..the hotel itself. What a change from the soulless modern hotels which we become accustomed to.The hotel is in a beautiful position and has all the charm of Belle Époque building, full of character.
Secondly. The staff,friendly,efficient and willing to help.The restaurant staff were particularly helpful.
Thirdly..the food.Breakfasts were buffet style with food to suit all tastes and well presented. The dinner menus were fabulous, modern cuisine with an Italian twist, I would say certainly Michelin quality.
Finally I am aware that what suits one does not suit everyone..but I am having difficulty equating my impressions of the hotel with some of those previously posted we had a very happy contented

Stayed: September 2017
7  Thank John2144
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

We were very privileged and fortunate to stay in this wonderful hotel in a stunning location on Lake Como. Not only was the hotel superb but the staff were very nice and professional and the dining and entertainment was wonderful too. Good enough for Winston Churchill certainly good enough for anyone !!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alison L
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This hotel has just the perfect location. The view is absolutely breathtaking. And the staff is the heart of this hotel - friendly, down-to-earth and very helpful. It is a quiet hotel and the pool was nice to dip in. Just next to the hotel is the promenade with lots of restaurants and shops. The rooms were nice (we had upgraded) and just opposite of each other. One of the evenings the Savoy invited their guest to an early dinner party on the terrace. It was just excellent. The sparkling wine and the small appetizers were so delicious.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2017

Located on the lake side with a lovely pool and a great view. The entrance on the road is not imposing but once through the doors everything is old fashioned comfort and splendid service. The food is excellent, particularly the exciting range of deserts on offer every night. We would certainly recommend half board which was excellent value.
There are a good range of local shops and a ferry stop which gives access to sails to all Lake Garda. An ideal place for a nice restful holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room with balcony idealy first floor to give a wiev to both pool and lake
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helmut B
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We are staying at this hotel right now, as I write. I think the staff must have changed since the earlier reviews because there is nothing surly or disinterested about any of them; they are all very charming and helpful especially the maitre d'.

We have a large, beautiful room in the Belle Époque style. Also a large balcony overlooking the pool and the lake. All food is excellent. In fact the evening meal is more than that, we would like to rave about it, we have had some unusual and delicious food, particularly fish.

The resort is very beautiful and we have been lucky with the weather so far. The only negative thing is that there are undoubtedly a few mosquitoes around, many more were here in the Summer months we have been told, that's a bit of a downer if you are someone who reacts badly to the bites. I do, but tonight I am sleeping under a mosquitoes net which my husband erected, have taken antihistamine, used cortisone cream on my bites and swallowed a garlic tablet and had a bit of a spray!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. The baby
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple