My wife and I spent two enjoyable weeks at the hotel in late June this year booked through Crystal Holidays. Unfortunately the holiday was marred by an outbreak of food poisoning at the hotel. We first noticed this two days before we left when a number of guests were either absent from dinner or left dinner feeling unwell.
On 24 June we received a note in our room from the holiday company informing us that there was suspected food poisoning at the hotel and advising us what to do if we felt ill.
Later that evening we were visited in the room by a member of the hotel reception and a doctor, who asked my wife questions about our health.
Staff dealing with problem on behalf of the hotel and travel company dealt with us in a rational and sympathetic way.
We have so much enjoyed our holidays at the hotel for the last three years and would very much like to stay there again.
However, we have seen no reports on TripAdvisor or elsewhere as to whether the hotel's problems with food poisoning have been resolved.
Is there anybody who has stayed at the hotel in July or August who could update us on whether the hotel has returned to normal operation?
We would be reluctant to return until we know that reputable UK travel companies are offering holiday packages to the hotel.
Please can anyone help?
Peter Mills, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in all the public rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera Lake Garda, Italy