In September 2011 we visited the Grand Hotel in Gardone Reviera as part of a package with Great Rail journeys. We travelled by rail from the UK and our hotel was the Grand in Gardone Riviera.
The location of the Grand is superb, on the shore of Lake Garda with most of the rooms having a beautiful view across the lake. If you book a room at the Grand check with the hotal that you room view of the lake will not be obstructed by trees, on or two rooms do have this problem.
The rooms are excellent, with plenty of space and very clean a full bath. The view across the lake is is really special from your own balcony. The hotel has a small swiming pool but why swim there when you can swim in the lake which is absolutely delightful and at the time we were there warmer than the pool.
The dining room looks across the lake and for breakfast you can sit outside under an awning which is fantastic. The breakfast is excellent with a chef on hand to cook your own pecial formula omelette, yum.... In the evening we sat inside for dinner which was always excellent and to a very high standard. The dinning room can be a bit warm in the evening, bit more cooling air would have been nice.
The Grand hotel is where Winston Churchill went in the 1950s and the main bar is known as Wini's bar and is where he sipped his champagne.
Overall a great hotel in a lovely area with easy access to boats going to all places around the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in all the public rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera Lake Garda, Italy