The location of la villa Fasano is in the middle of a mountain around the western shore of the Garda lake in Gardona Rivera . The villa itself was well equipped, even though when we enter the villa it was an empty house,especially in the kitchen area: no salt, no sugar and not even oil, it is recommended to stop in the supermarket before entering the villa for the first time. The rooms were air conditioned (a must at the summer) also there was a swimming pool. We stayed there for a week and each morning i enjoyed drinking the morning coffee sitting on the balcony and have the view of the lake.
However, two things disturbed us:
1. Their poisonous mosquitoes that no spray or cream could protect us from their bites and
2. Their the very narrow and steep roads to enter the villa, so that when you drive to your villa there is a special pray for the driver, “please god do not let any car come in front of me”, since if the pray did not work and you could see other car coming toward you, than on of them need to turn back and driving a reverse in those road is not recommended at all.
Now, since we drove to our villa at least twice a day, this task was only mine. My wife refused to drive there (and trust me, she is a better driver than me).
The roads down the mountain to the villa are narrow and usually have sharp turns, avoid coming there with large cars. We had a rented Peugeot 5008 and some turns were very hard to drive there.
Of course, the price of such a villa is cheap considerably to other villa in the area (a difference of about 40 Eur or even more, per day)
For overall, Go there but take a smaller car and drive carefully there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ten apartments of "La Villa" enjoy the magnificient view of the Lake Garda. La Villa, family owned and operated, is surrounded by a large park of ca. 4500 qm. with olive grove, bougainvillaea and Mediterranean essences.All the apartments for 2-4-6 persons have terrace or private garden, one or two private bathrooms, tv satelite, mobil phone, hair drier, microwave, ceiling fan, internal parking, a magnificient view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your La Villa Fasano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villa Fasano Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy