“Great stay, friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Benaco

Hotel Benaco
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Garda
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Location is very good near the restaurants by the lake. The staff is very friendly and I heard the staff speak fluently english and german also. Very tidy hotel with large rooms.One of the best things were that you were allowed to use the nearby spa and outside pools for free with the voucher from the hotel. (check hotels terms on this) Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marko H
There are newer reviews for Hotel Benaco

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel is situated in a quiet, mainly residential area, yet is only minutes away from the town centre, with plenty of excellent restaurants & railway station - giving easy access to Verona, Venice etc by high speed train ( Freccia Bianca ). Found walk up hill to hotel from town centre relaxing & not a problem.Hotel owner Gino, his son Gregory, Laura on reception & restaurant staff etc could not have been more friendly or helpful ( being a dog owner loved having Stella the family dog around ).Rooms & hotel grounds are kept very clean & tidy.Good variety of breakfast available in morning.Will be returning to this hotel for another holday ? I would certainly hope to !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westie43
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I imagine most people who travel often can agree that hotels differ in standards no matter what the star rating is . . Some offer more flamboyant breakfast buffets than others , some hotels may offer more practical parking than others and additional comforts. Seldom do we find ourselves in a hotel that sincerely seems to go Beyond the call of Duty..

Hotel Benaco did exactly that .
I was in need of a taxi to drive me approximately 35/ 40 km to the Main Train Station in Verona Italy..
The receptionist on duty called several taxis however unable to find one that was able to arrive within the the time I needed them to pick me up at the hotel due to some unforeseen traffic jams around Garda Sea.

Normally I should of organized an appoinment with a taxi a day before. Out of my own failure to do so I created a dillema for myself that would potentialy cost me much more than money but other co workers and business partners were at risk of being victims of my failure to organize properly aswell ..

Obviously the employee at the hotel was aware of my situation and when she had exhausted all of her transportation contacts . She offered to drive me to the Main /train Station in Verona herself !I was overjoyed ! I arrived at the train station on time and safe and was able to arrive at my appointment in Munich Germany on time and close the deal of a lifetime and Im reminded daily that if Hotel Benaco did not choose to go Beyond the call of Duty . I would not of closed a deal that propeled my business to a next level of prosperity rather than risk losing the entire project.
That type of concern is rarely seen and I feel compelled to share my experience with whoever it may concern . .If your looking for a hotel theres enough to choose from but if your looking for a hotel with individual personell that are speaking Japanese , German , French, English , Italian and are truely concerned with your needs . .
Than you need not look any further . . .
Hotel Benaco in Garda Italy is all you will want and need..

RD Reid

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rockwell338
Reviewed July 31, 2013

this hotel is a very good one its staff are very helpful, room very clean, food is amazing, The hotel is so beautiful and its very friendly staff just add to its beauty.
The rooms are so beautiful, breakfast in the restaurant is delicious,and its only 2 minute from the lake
Benaco is simply exceptional thank you for making our stay a happy one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Benaco for 10 nights, we had our wedding in lake Garda last week. It was an amazing few days with family and friends. Once the Hotel were made aware it was our wedding they could not of been more helpful, nothing was too big or even to little to request. Their advice and suggestions throughout our stay was invaluable and greatly appreciated. This was our 2nd time staying in Benaco and we could not praise the management and staff enough!! The hotel is so beautiful and its very friendly staff just add to its beauty!!! We have stayed in many hotels throughout the lake and Benaco is by far the most welcoming, efficient and nicest. It will be our go to hotel in Garda for many years to come. The rooms are so beautiful, breakfast in the restaurant is delicious and is so peaceful, great way to start the day!! And only a 1 minute walk to the lake, Benaco is simply exceptional
We can not wait to return

Room Tip: All rooms we and are guests stayed in were extremely well maintained and beautiful. So any room you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times before and it has never disappointed. You are greeted by very friendly and helpful staff and offered a complimentary glass of Prosecco. The rooms are spacious, clean and well-appointed with air-conditioning, lovely bathroom, television and balcony. It also has parking which is convenient as my husband has walking difficulties. You have a partial lake view from front of the hotel balconies. Only downside of the hotel is that it is on a busy road, but in the rooms you can't hear the traffic.

Room Tip: If you want a partial lake view as for a room facing the road, but they are noisier. (With windows s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I can only echo the positive reviews.
The hotel is in a great location, the rooms are well decked & maintained, and the staff are first class.
There is no pool, but then again, youre about 100 yards from Lake Garda.
Breakfast spot on.
Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple