“Home with sunshine and no washing up.”
Review of Hotel Villa Mulino

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villa Mulino
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Garda
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here from 4th to 11th Sept. 2013. We felt completely at home from day one. The staff were friendly and so helpful. Gatwick airport had lost our luggage and the proprietor, Piero, did everything possible to chase up our cases. It was like staying with family and friends rather than an hotel. Food and entertainment were excellent and varied. Piero is an accomplished musician and delighted us with his singing and playing a variety of instruments. Will happily return one day

1  Thank Brian L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Mulino

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Got home today after a super ten day stay at Villa Mulino. Hotel ideally placed a few minutes stroll from the lake side and close to the bus station. Super family run hotel. Lovely pool with , Jacuzzi plenty of sun beads, All the staff are very attentive, really friendly and helpful and Piero the manager goes out of his way to help you. We wanted to visit Verona and he gave us a map, marking out all the best places to visit and explained where to get off the bus. He takes the time to give you all the extra little details to make your stay extra special, he cares and it shows, He is also very talented musician, Karaoke eve and sports eve were both great fun. We've never stayed in such a friendly hotel and all the guests chatted with each other, a real family atmosphere. The bar staff were brilliant too. The service you get is second to none, can't praise it enough. Our room wasn't over large as other reviews have said but clean and with everything you need, would certainly stay there again and definitely recommend it.

2  Thank RobandPam W W
Reviewed September 14, 2013

There is no hotel on this earth to compare with the Hotel Villa Mulino. Aside from the impeccable food, rooms and food, you immediately feel like an extension to the family of this superb hotel. The multi talented musician, singer and owner Piero takes an active interest in ensuring that your stay there is one to remember, and you can see and sense that he enjoys doing so, as do all the staff in fact, who seem to have the same ethos as Piero. We were graced with a fabulous group of people who were staying at the same time as us and who we were easily able to relate to and befriend. The location is perfect; being only a short stroll to the lake, shops and restaurant bars. We are already planning our next stay in Garda and the Hotel Villa Murino next year. Just hope they can accommodate us. Thank You once again Piero and everyone.

4  Thank pajewellery
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have recently returned from Villa Mulino and it was a lovely holliday made possible by the very friendly staff who could not do enough for you. Our room and balcony was quite small but we were not in the room long as there is so much going on at the hotel and also around the lake. Piero is such a talented man who can make gala evening so entertaining and the food is so good and plentiful. There is plenty of room outside for everyone to sit around a table and also on a sunbed around the pool. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to visit garda its position in Garda is second to none.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janTamworth
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I group of 6 ladies travelled in peak time 20th-24th Aug on a short break. Villa Mullino was in a great spot for a lazy walk into town or down to the lake front. Our Rooms were clean and tidy although watch out for any steps up to the bathroom as I managed to fall between the toilet and bidet as I was unaware of this and there were no signs up. Our breakfast was very good and consisted of both a continental choice and a hot breakfast ,you can also sit outside. The waitress could not do enough for us and the Karaoke evening was great fun.

A water taxi over to Sirmione for an afternoon trip was quite expensive at 24 Euros as you only managed an hour and twenty minutes in Sirmione but it was a pleasant afternoon all the same. Garda is a lovely village with plenty going on in the evening during our stay including an open air choir concert and the Argentinian Tango being danced in the square by locals. It seems to have quite a young modern vibe in the evening

We took a bus trip to Verona which took about 40 mins and 8 Euros, very cheap in comparison to our boat trip across the lake . Also this was very easy as the bus stop is next door to the back entrance to Villa Mulino. Verona was a very interesting city with Romeo and Juliets balcony taking centre spot as a highlight of my trip.

I am returning in October to the Lake and cannot wait although this time I am staying in Salo....this however has no bearing on the service and comfort I received at Villa Mullino, as I would happily stay here again as it was great value in the height of the season....a move to Salo is simply so that I can explore the other side of the lake.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank KC114
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As one of the 'returning regulars' so scathingly referred to, I was stunned by the two negative reviews posted 30.06.13. and feel I just had to say something. I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that we all have different expectations/ tastes but I barely recognised this delightful little hotel we know so well. We have been staying at the Mulino for many years and not once have we seen new clients being treated with less consideration than the 'regulars'. Piero and his wonderful staff treat everyone with the same care and courtesy.

Ok- the hotel is somewhat quirky in style and rooms vary enormously ( we too have stayed in room 101, small, but comfortable) but that just adds to its charm. One year we were given a tiny room initially but were moved to a large one a day later. I understand the frustrations expressed, but surely it is the responsibility of the travel company to ensure that special requests are met- and if the hotel is potentially not suitable, to advise the clients? Is it really fair to blame the hotel? Our first 2 visits were with a travel company but we were so disgusted with the 'service' they provided we decided to travel independently.

Regarding the food- the 'poor dinner' where people had to fill up on extra helpings of salad- I have a good appetite, yet on several occasions I didn't order the first/ second course as I just couldn't eat it all. Did these reviewers miss the Gala dinner by any chance? Free water with meals? We've never had it in any hotel we've stayed in. Or coffee making facilities in any Italian hotels.
And the charge card system- isn't it down to the individual to keep track of what they are spending? Everything is listed so you know what you're paying for.

A final thought- if the hotel is so awful- why do so many people return year after year?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BunniHerts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am one of many returnees to this hotel. I have been going for 23 years and so far have not had a bad experience! I inititally went with family then returned with a friend and since then have travelled on my own meeting some wonderful people who have now become great friends so much so that I now travel out with them!
The hotel is family run and is traditionally Italian and has 44 small but clean and comfortable rooms with air conditioning, fridges and ensuites!
All the staff are wonderful and make you feel so welcome and will do anything for you! The barmen Simone and Ivan are real characters and the waitresses and cleaners are all lovely!
There is some form of entertainment every night from films shown in the gardens to party nights and tournaments. If this is not for you then the lake is a 5 minute stroll away!
If you like exploring there is so much to do around Lake Garda. The bus terminus is almost next door and the ferries are 10 minutes walk away!
I could go on and on about this hotel and all comments would be positive! Piero is the hardest working individual I have ever come across, he not only manages and owns the hotel but is fast becoming a very talented musician and singer with a wicked sense of humour and fun!
I can highly recommend this hotel and although it may not officially be a four star hotel in the words of my niece "The Mulino should be at least a 4 star hotel, it has everything I need!" From the mouths of babes!
I've already booked again for next year and have started counting down the days as have the many friends I've made over the years who are also returning next year!! My Mulino family!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends