“An excellent hotel with a warm and friendly atmosphere”
Review of Hotel Villa Mulino

Hotel Villa Mulino
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Garda
London
“An excellent hotel with a warm and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My family and I have just returned from a one week holiday in the beautiful resort of Garda and we stayed at the Hotel Villa Mulino. All the positive reviews are true- this is a really excellent hotel and deserves the good reputation and awards it has earned. The staff and location have to be the main reason for this. It is set in a very scenic and convenient location and is very comfortable and immaculately clean. I have said scenic but it is located on a main road, but that did not bother me as the hotel is set in beautifully manicured gardens filled with lots of trees and beautiful flowers.

We stayed on the top floor in a double room with a balcony and had a wonderful view of the hills and exquisite houses dotted amongst the cypress trees and it was a pleasure to watch the world of Garda go by as I we sat on the balcony. The room was cleaned twice a day and was spotless with air con and TV. My only complaint was our shower was too small but everything else was perfect. My two teenagers enjoyed their rooms as well and especially liked the meals served.

The meals were of a very high standard and very generous too. There was a good choice of food including a wide variety of desserts and I loved the soups for starters. The breakfast was also very impressive with a whole range of breads, cheese, ham, salami, eggs, bacon, cereals etc and fresh fruit. My teenagers loved it and the serving staff were really brilliant and went out of their way to help you and were so friendly and kind.

Entertainment was provided by the owner and his team including singing, games and films which proved popular but no one was made to feel bad or guilty if you chose not to join in. The owner was also extremely helpful and friendly and also made our stay such a pleasure.

Finally I would like to thank the First Choice rep called Rory. He was an excellent rep who provided very useful and helpful information about the resort and actually saved us time and money and helped to make this the best family holiday we have ever had.
I really enjoyed Lake Garda and especially this wonderful hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 505 was a great room to stay in with a great view and it was very quiet. There is also a lift...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank artteacher66London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Truro
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The staff at this hotel made it very special. Upon arrival at 2045, dinner had just finished but the kitchen staff were held to provide us with some food after our long journey. The room was modern, clean and comfortable, if a little small, but then we didn't go to stay in the room all day. The beds were extremely comfortable and the blackout shutters and air conditioning made for a good nights sleep. The hotel food was plentiful and evening meal was varied with a good choice. The swimming pool was a reasonable size and very private and a very relaxing place to while away a few hours reading. There was evening entertainment, but not 'cheesy' Butlins activities. Good films, music and a sports evening. The hotel is just a short pleasant stroll from the lakeside.
Piero and his team are amazingly attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will stay there again if we return to Lake Garda.

Room Tip: Email Piero directly with your requirments.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Fussy1Truro
London
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff at Villa Mulino really make this hotel what it is. They are all so friendly and helpful and eager to make your stay as good as possible.

The breakfast and dinners were pretty good - more than we were expecting.

The pool and outside area, and lobby are all very nice. The room we had was a bit disappointing though - it was a bit cramped and dark, with no balcony. We didn't spend much time in the room though so it didn't affect our holiday.

The location is amazing - near to everything you would need.

Overall - a very nice hotel with amazing staff.

3 Thank Gazelle1
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My two friends and I all agreed that this hotel is amazing! You will be guaranteed to have a truely lovely time in Garda if you stay here! The staff provide the best service I have ever experienced, and are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, the setting is perfect, a short stroll to the lake, and one minute to the buses, and the breakfast is the best we have had in Italy!! Not to mention their excellent choice of films! Just what you need for the ideal relaxing break!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jenniferrose1989
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I can only add to other reviews and agree that this is the most wonderful friendly hotel with a superb welcoming owner/manager, Piero, who's devoted to his hotel and guests. The staff are also lovely and friendly and hard working with a great sense of humour. Once you've unpacked and settled in, you'll discover that this hotel just emanates happiness - it truly is wonderful and me and my husband didn't want to come home. Once we did, we only left it a short time before booking another holiday there this year!

The entertainment on each night is a great bonus too and we only wandered into the town in the evening on two occasions for a short time and then headed back - drawn back by the hotel's ambience and the lure of Prosecco and nightcap lattes.

I've now been converted to holidaying in Garda, Italy. The flight from Manchester was only 2 hours which is no time to get to such a wonderful country.

I can honestly say that this was one of the best holidays that me and my husband have ever had as a couple and after years of holidaying in Britain, we've decided that the only way to holiday now is abroad (apart from wonderful Portmeirion in Wales, the Lake District and Dorset which we still hope to visit for short breaks). We also found the other guests in the hotel to be friendly and goodhumoured which was another bonus.

We had originally booked another hotel in Torbole with a small holiday operator but were let down when they cancelled our holiday months after the booking. I decided to go with a well known name, First Choice, to book another holiday and luckily found this hotel. I was so glad our first holiday was cancelled as I'm sure it wouldn't have matched the Villa Mulino for the total hotel holiday experience! Thank you Piero and All.

Best wishes

6 Thank TillyFloss_11
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2011

A very clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Pierro and all the staff work really hard to make your holiday great. Lovely food and excellent entertainment. The gala night during the stay is memorable, sitting outside and being served a lovely dinner followed by a fun night for all those wanting to join in. Would recommend to anyone wanting to visit this part of Italy.

Room Tip: have a room with a balcony
5 Thank coastaldays
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have just returned from Rainy Lake Garda but felt the need to write a quick review on this hotel. Piero (Owner/Manager) and his staff are the most hardworking and friendly people I have came across in any hotel I have visited - they are all very nice. The hotel is very clean, in a great location and the staff are the best.. Keep up the good work.
If visiting Lake Garda go to this hotel, out of approx 60 hotels in the area this one deserves to be number one on trip advisor.

1 Thank Cloon42