“Great location......very basic hotel with horrible coffee”
Review of Hotel Miravalli

Hotel Miravalli
Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Garda
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location......very basic hotel with horrible coffee”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We booked this last minute and knew that we would be staying in basic accommodation which it definitely was! The hotel and rooms are clean enough but as some of the other reviews suggest, it is in desperate need of an upgrade. The rooms are extremely bare but the beds were comfy enough and the towels were changed on a daily basis. We are out every day so having a room so basic didn't bother us. We had a side room looking onto the garden, well I don't think you could really call it a garden, more like a driveway with tables, but was really quiet with a small balcony. If you like to sit out in the sun and are expecting to use the sun terrace then you will be sadly disappointed. The terrace is full of broken chairs, overflowing bins & a disgusting jacuzzi that is covered in green algae. When I brought this to the attention of the rep she said the jacuzzi hadn't been used for 10yrs! She said she would check it out but we saw no change while we were there. A couple of days I sneaked into the Imperial Hotels poolside just for a bit of sun worshipping. On the first day we arrived for breakfast......if you could call it that. There was some rolls, jam, butter, boiled eggs & really strange looking cereal aswell as some out of date melba toasts. Eventually the waiter (who seems to do everything) brought us some tea & coffee. I can only say thats its the most disgusting tea & coffee we have tasted. We were in Italy, the home of the worlds best coffee, yet we had something that smelled & tasted like burnt stewed dirty water. For the rest of the holiday we just went to some of the lovely cafe's & had coffee & croissants.....a much more enjoyable start to the day. I really dread to think what the half board menu would have consisted of! With that said it did not spoil our holiday in any way. Garda is a beautiful resort and this is my 3rd visit there & would difinitely return.....but not to the Miravalli

Room Tip: We have nothing to compare to but the 'garden' room we had was quiet if you like to sleep we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weemaggiedug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We planned our stay at the Miravalli early in the year and paid in full by June.
We were given a very basic room just above the front entrance.This was very noisy due to the bar across the road and stayed open until 3am.
Late bookers were allocated much better rooms and we spent 3 days in a very noisy cramped room with a broken shower fitting and cold water most of the time. There was a broken pane of glass in one of the balcony doors and this was taped up with sellotape.
We had to stay in that room for 3 days before we could move and we spent a week in a quieter garden room.
In the end we were so fed up with the breakfasts we bought our own muesli & fruit.
I do not recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the garden at the side are much quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Garda hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a last minute deal through Crystal/Thomson and for the price I paid I was prepared not to be too fussy.
However when pulling up outside of the hotel I began to wonder what I'd done!
Although I wasn't expecting much I was a little disconcerted and on entering the room I did wonder how we were going to endure it for a week.
Basic is putting it mildly but at least we had a bath unlike many of the other rooms.The other plus was the small balcony.
Room was a reasonable size and being on a corner it was nice and light having two windows.
The beds were also quite comfortable.
Very noisy rooms on main street opposite bar/restaurant.Be prepared for very early DAILY refuse collection!
Hotel is long overdue a refurb and in my opinion the owners seem oblivious to this or they just dont care as long as the business keeps coming.
Breakfast isnt great but suffices.
Nevertheless we had quite a nice week and met some very nice people also staying at hotel.
We got a very good deal but if I'd payed the normal full price I would have requested a move to another hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on front of hotel very noisy. Rooms with bath are larger.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stepnfetchit
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was very worried about what we had let our selves in for having booked with Thomson, and then reading the reviews. Hotel Miravalli is very basic, but well cleaned. The rooms at the front are apparently low quality, and we did speak to one couple who had a front room at first, but nothing worked! However having spoken to the front desk, they were soon moved to a side room. We had no problems with noise whilst there. The breakfasts are plentiful, juice, water, coffee, two types of bread, butter, jams, boiled eggs, cheese and ham. The fruit store next door provided a great variety of fresh fruit at good prices. The bar across the road is friendly, with a supermarket next to it. The hotel is really well located, a few minutes from the old town, the lake and the bus station, who run trips to Venice during the summer for 32 euros return - a much better deal than the tour operator. Much has been said of the lovely Italian mama at the hotel. She really is delightful, and seems to be there all hours of the day! She creates a real welcoming atmosphere, and took delight in counting me and my two daughters in and out each day! All in all, don't expect five star accommodation, but as a clean well located base for your holiday, then Miravalli is absolutely fine

Room Tip: Side rooms are quieter, our bathroom was a wet room which was OK for 3 adults, not so good for young...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank heleng956
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Before I left to stay at the Miravalli, I was slightly apprehensive after reading some of the previous reviews. But really there was no need. You arrive and realise it is an old fashioned family run hotel, but what more do you want when you visit Italy. The rooms are clean, you are given fresh towels everyday, and breakfast is ok - nothing special but not horrific. The hotel is perfectly situated, and within a 5/10 minute walk you are at the lake. We had no problems with noise from the street. You are well looked after and feel like one of the family whilst there, always being greeted and asked what you are doing during the day - in Italiano. There is also a roof terrace with plenty of seating, the small water tub doesn't look great, but there is a lovely view across Garda. One downside is the no air con which is a bit of a problem during the hot stifling days - but this is easily fixed with renting a fan for €20 for your whole stay. Across the road there is a small Alimentara, which we used frequently to buy water, as well as a bar but we never ventured there, and beside the hotel is a lovely fruit and veg shop which made my mouth water looking at everything which was on offer.
As you walk towards the water, you will pass a restaurant called Trattoria Al Graspo, if you like fish and seafood this is definitely worth a visit. It was our best meal during the holiday. Well priced for the amount of wine and quality food you are given.
Back to the hotel, if you are easy going and are looking for a relaxing holiday, there really is nothing to worry about with the Mirvalli.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ktw33
Guernsey
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed a week at the Miravalli from the 11th August 2012, booked through Thomson with Crystal holidays. Having read some of the reviews on here, I have to say I was wondering just what I had let myself in for. First impressions are admittedly not brilliant, I agree the lobby does seem a bit dingy at first sight. We checked in without incident and went to our room - and groaned. It had 2 single beds and was not the cleanest, to be frank. However, we went straight back downstairs and had a word with the man on reception, and we were soon moved to a different room. It had a double bed, and was very clean. From that point on, I have to say that we have not one negative thing to say about the hotel or the staff. Yes, its basic, yes, the breakfast isnt exactly your full English, but who wants that on the continent anyway?? If its not for you, there is a fresh fruit stall/shop literally outside the front door, and a supermarket directly across the road - go there! As for it being noisy, well, I cant say we were bothered by it - and we were there during a festival!

For what you are paying, you cant expect luxury. But I can honestly say that we had a fantastic holiday, in comfortable surroundings, with a 10 minute walk from the lake. It does make me wonder if any of the negative comments actually gave the staff a chance to change the room, or rectify the situation in any way. The little nana is great by the way, I dont think she ever sleeps, just hangs around so she can say hello and goodbye as you come and go!

Oh and the fantastic friendly bar across the road serves wine at 1 euro 50 a glass if the noise does bother you :)

Room Tip: rooms to the side of the hotel rather than roadside are probably preferable, but I dont think youd g...
4 Thank Em T
Glasgow
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just returned from a lovely stay at the miravalli. Travelled with crystal, booked through thomson. Both rate this hotel as 2stars which must be remembered when reading other reviews. The hotel is well located in an excellent position to explore the area with heaps of bars and restaurants close by. The hotel is basic but clean and functional. You have to hire things like fans hairdryers an fridges but remember it is a 2star and you paid less for this hotel anyway. A special mention to the staff "mama" made this holiday for us, I reckon everyone who stays here has a soft spot for her. Would highly recommend the Miravalli for the price. Excellent!

3 Thank Robert M