We stayed here for 12 nights in June having booked direct with the hotel last May with free airport transfers. We booked room 410 deluxe side lake view on the top floor with a massive sunny terrace and were not disappointed. Although the rooms aren’t huge about 24 sq m the bathroom is very big with a double sink and big corner shower, no bath. The room was kept extremely clean and all the staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful.
We had sun beds, table, chairs and parasol on the terrace and the sun all day until about 5pm when the large fir trees obscured it for a while. The only criticism is that for longer stays there is not enough hanging wardrobe space as half of the small wardrobe is taken up with their own fixed hangers. One section of the wardrobe had shelves. There are bedside tables and a dressing table but no drawers at all for storage.
Vito and his team of waitresses were fantastic, a huge asset to the hotel. The food was fab the best we have eaten abroad and we have stayed in many lovely 4 and 5 star hotels throughout the Med. A great choice at breakfast with lots of different fresh fruit every day and omelettes, fried eggs cooked to order. Also lovely croissants and pastries. The complimentary afternoon tea and freshly baked cakes were popular! For the evening meal there was an extremely good salad buffet to start and this varied every night throughout our stay. There were several choices for starters and mains, pasta, meat or fish and vegi options, always something that we enjoyed. The dessert buffets were very tempting from fresh fruit to panna cotta, tiramisu, mousse and cakes etc, spoilt for choice! The local rose wine was very pleasant and reasonable. We enjoyed an evening walk after dinner along the pretty flowered lined prom or into town.
Having toured a lot of the lake and area we definitely felt that Garda was the best town to stay in. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk to the ferries (these are expensive) and 10 minutes to the bus station. The buses are far cheaper and much quicker too. Our favourite towns were Garda, Sirmione, Lazize, Torri, Limone and Malcesine. We found Riva in the north quite windy. We walked along the prom to Bardolino, which took 45 mins and caught the ferry back as it was so hot. We also visited Verona by bus. A nice town with Romeo and Juliet’s balcony, the arena, Torre dei Lamberti Tower in the main square and other lovely buildings and statues.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel for everything, great location, rooms, food and dedicated staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda