This is a family run hotel at the north end of Garda. The main road separates the hotel from the lake but the building is elevated. All rooms have views of the lake but especially the superior ones that seem to have to be booked directly with the hotel. The side rooms have a limited view and I think are smaller than the front rooms. There is a balcony for sitting out overlooking the lake and pool. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The road can be a little noisy with the window open but this did not bother us. In fact the variety of traffic is interesting. Walking from the lake the last 100m is gently uphill on the road which means that children have to be looked after. There is quite an uphill walk from the road to the hotel reception but it was not problematic for an 80 year old. The advantage of this location is that you are on the lake promenade only a short walk from the hotel. The staff are attentive and friendly and the in house dinner is good value and fun. The tables are a little close together but this may be a reflection that the outside terrace was not being used for dinner during our visit. Once a week there is a Gala dinner which is well worth booking. About 300m on the lake shore is a "lido" where there is a small bar and a park owned by the hotel with loungers. It is a peaceful area where you can swim in the lake but really nothing much else to do there. There is free parking at the hotel but the drive is very steep and I suspect crowded in the main holiday season. There is free wifi and this worked reasonably well. In all a very good stay and the dinner is worth having on most nights although for variety it is easy to walk to the waterfront restaurants also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda