My wife and I stayed one night in March this year at Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze near lake Garda. Out of six cities that we visited in Italy over a period of 14 days, only the Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze would fully qualify as a regular star hotel. All the rest were B & B types.
This hotel has a class. It has a swimming pool, nice garden, clean elegantly furnished spacious rooms, fast internet and above all an unmatchable breakfast with umpteen number of items of different types. Lake view rooms are expensive, so we had booked a side room which too had a balcony with an excellent view of the garden ( though not of lake). The staff was professional, but, sad to say, the warmth that we experienced at all other places in Italy was lacking.
Two things that seem to attract people to Garda are its giant Garda lake, the biggest lake in Italy with a maximum linear extent of 51 meters, and Gardaland, a fun center for kids. Boat cruises in the lake close around 4.30 PM and having reached late, we missed out on that. Garda has virtually no local buses and taxis are expensive. So without a car, we could not go anywhere else and we just took a stroll by the lake and ate at a small restaurant by the lake side. As such, we found the city to be very quiet – except for the cars which zoom by at speed over 100kmh – and rather dull.
Would we stay in this hotel again if we were to visit Garda? Yes, we would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda