Hotel Conca d'Oro
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel La Perla(Garda)
$94
  • Pool
Hotel Garden(Garda)
$201
All reviewsfirst floorlake viewmac and cheesestay there againsuperb locationlovely hotelbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The conca doro was fantastic everything within easy reach shops hotel lake if staying you also receive 10 percent off your food and drinks bill can't fault anything about this hotel set at the lake in a stunning location try and get lakeside room view superb

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank bigc12
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Location was great very close to the "beach" right on the lakeside. Breakfast was quite poor compare to the other hotel in the same area and cathegory. Staff was friendly. Our standard room didn´t have the front lake view but the back but we could still see a bit of a lake from our balcony. But be aware that this side is very noisy because of the cars and motorcycles driving through almost non-stop. Also AC wasn´t working so it was a bit difficult to have a nice sleep. On the other hand room was cleaned daily (although they probably never heard of a fabric softener here :)) Don´t forget to enjoy the top floor terrace where you can sit and chill and enjoy the view over the lake!

Room Tip: Back side rooms are noisy rather take the lake side view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PragueFoxy
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have just come back from our holiday at Garda, staying at the Conca d'Ora. We found it perfect for our needs. In the best position in Garda, about 20 meters from the lakeside. The room we had was great, on the first floor, front and at the end with a large balcony. Sun from 2pm till sunset. The rooms all seem to have been refurbished, at least the ones we looked in. Ours was very nice with large king sized bed and brand new TV which we didn't really need. There were no English speaking programmes on anyway! Could have done with another chair but brought one in from balcony. Would have hated to have been at the back with a very busy road behind the hotel. Motor bikers love to roar up past as do all the cars!
Staff were very attentive and friendly, nothing too much trouble. We will certainly stay there again.

From two very satisfied Northumbrians.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a front room facing lake
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank N0rthumbrians
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We haven't actually stayed in this hotel, but used the cafe on many occasions on our stay in Garda in June. Was quite surprised to see the previous bad review, so can only say how we found the Conca d'Ora as a cafe. Drinks and cakes lovely, waiters pleasant, polite and helpful and the situation of the tables overlooking the lake is one of the best positions to sit at. Have used the facilities in the hotel and thought how nice the inside of the hotel and the restaurant looked. Was surprised to see that it's only a 2 star, would have thought it was a 3 star at least. Noticed some reviews complaining about the walk with luggage to the hotel, but we all have to walk miles in the airports, so what's a few more metres!

I thought this hotel was lovely, cute and welcoming with a good menu. Will certainly go back.

Happy holidays

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TillyFloss_11
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed for two nights at Hotel Conca d'Ora, Garda. When we arrived we were in awe of the view of the lake and the location of the hotel. Truly magnificent! We were gobsmacked by the view from our room. True, the room was dated but overall wonderful - we were impressed. Unfortunately, the experience gradually got uncomfortable and then not good.
In order of appearance the issues were:
1. We purchased two cups of tea and hot whiskey with lemon at the bar but were told we couldn't put it on the room's bill.
2. When we went to sleep we noticed hairs under the pillow that didn't belong to us - the sheets had not been changed, but we slept.
3. At 7:30 we woke due to the sound of fans. This "noise" continued till 10:30 and was repeated on the 2nd morning but at no other time - my wife was a little sick and needed her rest but we failed to sleep more. Chairs were being pulled around outside by the hotel staff and even with closed windows this noise was loud inside.
4. Breakfast was from 8:00 to 10:00. We finished breakfast before 9:30 but from arrival food was been taken away from the buffet. This seemed to be one of the techniques to decrease what guests eat.
5. We could not choose where to sit. There where at least 15 empty tables (all set for breakfast) but we had to sit at a table far away from the buffet. Why? It had our room number. When we asked to sit closer we were told that we couldn't move. When I asked why, I was told that it was a matter of "hygiene" and if we dirtied someone else's table cloth it would have to be changed i.e., in the words of the owner (the following day), "if you make a mess you can sit at your own mess the following morning". (We did not make a mess)
6. It was a cold morning and the windows in the breakfast room were opened presumable so we would finish.
7. There was no cheese or meet at the buffet instead the waiter asked if we would like some and then brought 4 slices of each. (It would seem that the word "more" in Hotel Conca d'Ora has the same meaning as in Oliver Twist.)
8. The "hard boiled eggs" were cold and liquid inside. "No thank you!"
9. There was a special coffee machine for the buffet breakfast which served cheap, poorly-brewed coffee. The managers had their coffee own fancy machine at the bar but this was not included in breakfast. The breakfast was below par and it was clear that we should eat as little as possible. A terrible way to start one's day, so the following day we did not have the breakfast. (This did not result in a discount, which it did elsewhere when we had to leave early.)
10. My wife's soar throat continued that evening so at 23:00 I decided to get up and ask for a slice of lemon with hot water and some honey. I was informed that the bar was closed and I could not be served ... after five minutes of pleading and pointing out that the coffee machine was still on we got a slice of lemon and hot water ... no honey.
11. I was asked to move my car the following morning to allow other guests to escape which I happily did. Unfortunately, there was not a thank you or any acknowledgement. I decided at that moment that I would complain about the general unpleasant and not relaxed feeling when we were leaving.
12. At 10:05 we were about to leave but were told we could not pay by credit card. This was even though they had a machine. I know this is their right but if we were expected to have 180 euro in cash in our pockets for check out then we should have been pre-warned. However, comfort of the guest is absent in this hotel.
13. So we packed the car, got cash and checked out again at 10:45. I then asked to speak to the manager but he could not be found. (I latter found out he was hiding behind a plant listening to everything). I was allowed to speak to a lady who would not say who she was.
14. I made a general complaint that "the hotel atmosphere was not relaxed because of many small issues ... which would all be solved if the comfort of the guest was put first by the management". I was asked to explain the issues in detail so I mentioned a few. All the time this nice young lady was translating everything in Italian to a waiter who previously could speak perfect English. It all seemed strange and uncomfortable.
15. It was then explained to me again about the table cloths and why everyone has to sit at their own table: since it is a matter of "hygiene". Suddenly, from behind the plant who jumps up but the missing owner - yelping and shouting insanities at me in Italian and English - at which point I became angry and said "his shouting was typical of his attitude to his guests".
16. The conversation, which I now realised had always been an interrogation, now became an argument and continued for 2 minutes before I was physical pushed out from the hotel by this irate man. I did not physically resist but said that "I was very offended and would be writing a review". After a little more shoving the door was closed behind me. So here it is, my review - I warn you against staying at Hotel Conca d'Ora, Garda.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple