Regina Adelaide Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjunior suiteindoor poollake viewan amazing hotelhalf boardvast majorityindependent travellersitalian cuisinedaily menuprivate parkinghead waitermain restaurantcourse mealwide choicethe air conditioningcomfortable hotelspent nights
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the hotel does NOT 'overlook the lake promenade' as they say in their advettising. There is a public park with a forest of trees and a 3 story building in between the hotel and lake meaning there are absolutely no lake views. Not a bit. Felt cheated. We booked through venere.com at one price but were told it would be 50% more on arrival as we had 2 kids. Although they had the room ready for 4, and the reception showed me the detail from booking agent showing ages of our kids (5 & 7) they claimed the price was just for 2. We knew we'd booked for 4 (why else was our room ready for 4?). The hotel simply pulled a fast one quoting low prices and changing in arrival. Charging €160 per child for 2 nights was a joke considering they were made to sleep on an uncomfortable sofa bed, and the room was already paid for. Pool has no shallow end (1.4m shallowest) so if travelling with young kids maybe best to avoid? Breakfast was nice and good quality but for price paid the hotel isn't what it seems. Also noisy at night from surrounding bars etc.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Travelhappy74
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I am a relatively seasoned traveller and therefore not easily impressed. However this hotel was up there with the best hotels I have stayed in.We had a junior suite which almost looked over the lake save for the trees. The hotel was old style European elegance with brilliant staff, gorgeous public areas , great food and some lovely personal touches.The furniture was lovely and our room as comfortable as home.
Garda the town was impressive with lots of surprises especially the myriad of choirs who appeared over the week.
We had a great holiday and cannot wait to return

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Grogandes
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned from Garda staying at the Regina Adelaide for a week
.For able bodied guests this hotel is ideal,in a lovely location on the lake and two minutes to the town centre
However once again I discovered serious problems on arrival even though I had clearly stated on booking with Crystal that I was in a wheelchair .All the companies I have used recently all simply give you lip service when booking.
To enter the hotel grounds from the main road through the main gate was impossible if in a wheelchair as the electric gates operated on a rail which I could not manage to get over.
To enter the Swimming Pool area would have involved me opening a heavy metal door set in a doorframe which I did not manage to get over .Even if I managed to get into the pool area there was no handrail to help me in and out the pool. This meant for the entire holiday I could not use this area.
Even my room had no real adaptations to assist a disabled person as suggested in all websites.
Probably my grievance is as much with Crystal as with the hotel as they appear to be more concerned with obtaining a sale rather than providing a professional service.
All in all I managed to get by but I really should not have to, considering the cost.
For able bodied this hotel is perfect, the food and service is second to none so in most cases all my problems can be ignored by the vast majority,but beware any fellow disabled travellers..

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel, much better than most European hotels.

Staff very friendly, food exquisite, air con, indoor and outdoor pool, adequate Gym, WiFi in reception.

Perfect location, best resort on the lake, very romantic...book with confidence.

We have tried several places and hotels on the lake and this is by far the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
3  Thank trevor l
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic time at this hotel. Location is superb, almost on the lake front and within easy walking distance of all town facilities.
We booked a junior suite and were delighted with the space, furniture and balcony looking out towards the lake.
Breakfast offered a wide choice of well prepared food and dinner was similar with a 4 course meal of well prepared and presented food.
Service during our stay was faultless and every member of the team worked hard to make our stay enjoyable.
We shall certainly return again.

Room Tip: Book a junior suite looking out to the lake.