“A Favorite place in Pescara” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GreenDragon da Nino

GreenDragon da Nino
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nino's Green Dragon is a benchmark of gastronomy in Pescara and the surrounding area. An historic location in Francavilla al Mare, the restaurant has undergone refurbishment and innovation in menu and service under new management since january 2009. It provides its guests a wide choice of craft products starting from locally produced ingredients, making this restaurant a regional excellence able to satisfy both occasional and regular customers with brilliant and original solutions. [Disclaimer: specified closing time expresses that we are happy to allow our guests to linger after dinner, but does not imply that any item on the menu is available any time]
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Favorite place in Pescara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel a lot to the Pecara area, and I while I like to try a lot of different resturants, this one always feels a little like coming home. The staff is friendly, and understands english very well - Marco goes out of his way to make everone welcome and has great suggestions, and the ordering experience is great.
The food is worth the visit alone - Diavolo and Caprese Salads just are the tip of the iceburg, and everything I have ordered is great. And don't forget a few Arrosticini, to make sure you are full!
You may want to make reservations on weekends - it can get crowded past 8

• Visited June 2013

Lima, Ohio
“Grazie mille, Green Dragon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really feel like I belong when I eat at Green Dragon. I have been here several times when I travel to Pescara/Francavilla for business, and won't hesitate to come back the next time I am in town. The owner (Nino) and server (Marco) remember us each time, and even though they treat everyone this way, it feels like you are paid special attention. The food is great and affordable, and the atmosphere is lively. Grazie mille, Green Dragon!

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Fresh Italian Food, Great Value, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to the Green Dragon about 4 times for evening meals. I have always been with a small group of folks when dining there. On every occasion, the food was fresh, plentiful, and excellent. I always felt as if the owners cared about every single plate of food that was brought out to every single customer. That quality is very rare in my experience. The atmosphere is friendly and English language is no issue. I would highly recommend this restaraunt. I would recommend individual dishes to order, but you cannot go wrong with anything.

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“NOT Chinese but excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had passed it a number of times but assumed it served Chinese food. Then some friends took us there. What a pleasant surprise. The Green Dragon serves a wide range of local Italian food. As soon as we sat down and looked around at the number of Italian families obviously enjoying their meals, we knew we had hit on a winner. Italians are fussy about food and seek quality at a good price. One of the best eating tips you can get for Italy is - "Eat where the Italians eat." Always remember that they tend to eat late - after nine at the earliest. In the Green Dragon we saw three and even four generations of local families enjoying the best of local cuisine. I can particularly recommend the Ravioli but all the food is very good. Local wines are relatively cheap and very 'quaffable.' We so enjoyed our first visit that we went back a week later with my wife's sister and her husband. They both pronounced it excellent - and they can be fussy about their food. Don't speak Italian? No problem. Marco, the head waiter, has excellent English and takes great pride and pleasure in talking you through the menu. We return to Francavilla at the end of June and one of our early ports of call will be the Green Dragon. And, probably, not just the one call.

• Visited May 2013
Neston
“Dining well in Francavilla al Mare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are a British person looking to eat good local food at a very reasonable price this is the place to go.
Excellent food, wine, service and English spoken by Nino and Marco to help you understand the dishes on offer.
Our favourites are, Orecchiete, rape e salsiccia, Cavatelli vegetariani and the not to be missed Arrosticini (cubes of lamb on wooden skewers).
You will enjoy the taste of Italy in the Green Dragon.

• Visited May 2013