“Ski Scouts”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Frabosa Sottana
Lincolnshire
“Ski Scouts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is literally adjacent to the slopes but quite a walk to the ski hire shop so be warned, you'll have an uphill trek back to the hotel with heavy ski gear if you don't have access to transport. The hotel itself is definitely in need of a major overhaul if it ever wants to cater for couples or families, I'd have checked straight out if that was my category. Luckily, I was part of a large scout trip and considering most of those using the hotel are large groups of secondary/college school age children, then it fits the bill perfectly as the hotel interior/exterior is on par with Blackpool's stag & hen B&B's! From a catering point of view, all the food on offer was perfectly edible, a little heavy on the seasoning though & it could be difficult to ascertain what animal protein it was. A large selection of salad was always available and you need to be fond of pasta as it's served every day for lunch. The bar was stocked plentiful and the measurements were very generous, plenty of snacks/nibbles available too. The staff were neither friendly nor unfriendly but despite my smiles and greetings, I never received proper eye contact or a smile in return, especially from the staff who served the meals. I did have a pleasant exchange with the owner who is visiting England shortly to brush up on his language skills. The swimming pool needs attention and during my visit the jacuzzi was empty as in no water in it at all and the day I chose to use sauna/steam room, it wasn't in action. The Ski Instructors speak very little English and most of the youngsters in our party completely failed to understand what was being said to them, so they progressed a lot slower than expected. We definitely all felt that we'd had value for our money as the rate of the trip was a bargain, as the saying goes.....you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Any room from 202 - 212, most of the others need a complete overhaul, especially 206 which has a sol...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had an amazing time skiing, and seeing as it was my first time I was more than a little scared of being too clumsy! My school and I, arrived at this hotel and I was really taken aback at how great it was to be there and in Italy! Lovely views from the rooms (well my one at least!) and fantastic food as well- even if i think that they are a bit biased towards Italian foods like pasta,( and you have lots of it!). Really close to the ski slopes as well and not far from the small village/town! Would definitely recommend it as it was one of my best holidays!! Had a really great time, lovely staff, and loads of space to do things! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank Maddie B
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel whilst on a school ski trip to Pratto Nevosso in February. The hotel was full of school groups as it was during the English School half term holidays. The hotel was under enormous pressure and the staff did a fantastic job to look after everybody. The food was great (so long as you like pasta!) and the entertainment team were very helpful. The hotel is also genuine ski-in ski-out. A great spot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VictorA736
Reigate, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was a part special needs school that visited Prato Nevosa to ski for a week in the middle of January 2013. We had a good week in a friendly and well located hotel. Meals were always on time and the rooms were always warm - just like the showers (which is a real bonus after a day on the slopes). Many thanks to hotel for making myself and my school children feel welcome.

1 Thank Jim H
Surrey UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been a part of the Surrey Special Ski journey for the last 6 years. We take students from our school with varying needs and abilities and have always been impressed with the way the staff at this hotel accomodate us throughout our stay. Staff are friendly and patient, and any cleaning crew that can put up with that many teenagers is marvellous! Looking forward to another stay there next year.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lottie G
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Can i please thank the Alberto and Roberta for organising another fantastic week for us in the Mondole in Prato Nevosa. We have been going to this hotel as a special needs student group for 16 years now and whilst we always have a fantastic week this was certainly one of the very best. The food was great and the staff were always attentive and helpful. We arrived very late on day one but the staff were very flexible and managed to re-arrnage lunch for us all without any issues. No mean feat for a group totalling 152. Throughout the week they dealt with all our problems with a minimum of fuss and despite some occasional language difficulties always managed to come up trumps. I would recommend the Mondole to anyone thinking of running a school party or indeed looking for some doorstep skiing and a good resort.

Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is excellent for our students . The staff are very accomodating to our student's needs and provided good food for our trip.
The breakfasts were especially good .
The rooms were clean and functional .

Room Tip: Room 201 is very big and roomy .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frabosa Sottana
#1 of 2 in Villanova Mondovi
Hotel Villa Cinzia
Hotel Villa Cinzia
#2 of 2 in Villanova Mondovi

Been to Grand Hotel Mondole? Share your experiences!