“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hotel Imperiale

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a businessman who travels allot, I was compelled to let people know about a certain hotel I recently stayed in that really stood out. Frankly, it’s the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It was the Grand Hotel Imperiale in Forte Dei Marmi, Italy. I have stayed in allot of luxury hotels in my travels, but never one quite like this.
Everyone was so accommodating, and I was treated like royalty. When I checked in, I was immediately upgraded from a normal suite to a royal suite. The split level bathroom was divine, and huge. The hot tub was great. There was a living room and bedroom with a little porch where I sat outside and had breakfast every morning. There was total privacy and quiet, and anything I needed, anything at all, was brought up to me instantly.
The shuttle would take me wherever I wanted to go in town, and they always asked where and when I would like to be picked up. Shopping in the town center was glorious. On the second day, I felt like exploring the town, so the concierge hooked me up with a surprisingly nice bicycle, and pointed me toward the beach. It was a beautiful day, and riding through the streets of Tuscany, I really got a sense of what it would be like to live there. From a grandmother yelling and smiling to her daughter who brought groceries, to the wonderful man who invited me into his pizza shop for lunch, it was like going back to a simpler time. I felt so at peace amongst the landscapes, the traditions, and the artistic legacy from the buildings alone. They had my cabana on the beach ready with towels and a drink menu. Perfect! The food was excellent, and the beer was cold.
The next day I did some sightseeing. Tuscany was definitely a permanent influence on high culture, notably, the square of the Cathedral of Pisa. I walked all around Pisa with its Piazza Dei Miracoli and the leaning tower, and then the same day I drove to Lucca, which is a medieval town with ancient medieval walls surrounding the town center.

On my last day, I checked out of the hotel and headed to Rome. I visited San Gimignano, then Siena with its beautiful historical center, and Pienza, which has a typical tuscan landscape: vineyards, olive oil trees and sunflowers. I did some wine tasting there, and I met a lovely couple from Philadelphia, which is near my home town of Pittsburgh.
After seeing all of those beautiful things, I’m surprised at what really stood out. It was the hotel and their wonderful staff. The reception was made up mostly of beautiful women. They spoke English so well, that they were actually joking around with me. All of their recommendations were perfect. It was truly the perfect stay, and if you are ever in Tuscany, this is the best of the best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Reb B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the free of charge room upgrade - we received Suite with a marvelous balcony. The service in the hotel is excellent as well as the dishes offered in the hotel's restaurant at the evening. The location is very good. The weather in September was warm and we had a wonderful time. So, although usually we do not visit the same place again, we would be glad to come back here.

Room Tip: The view of sea side rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tetiana X
Monaco, Monaco, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We knew we wanted to go to Forte dei Marmi, which is a lovely beach resort and ideal for a family with kids. Hotels in Italy can be hit or miss, as you all know, so we took a bit of a gamble picking this one which we found on the internet with little research. We arrived and were allocated two large suites (one upgrade) for a special off season rate. The rooms had nice balconies and were fully kitted out, except no soap in the rooms. They offered complimentary bikes although make sure you "reserve" yours for the duration of your stay else you find "yours" taken by someone else who got there earlier the next day. The staff were very nice and helpful and always smiling. The hotel pool in the back was heated and kids loved it.
I must warn you not to order any room service though as the charge is EUR 15 to EUR 20 each time they bring up a plate or even a glass of milk. I complained and the charge was removed, but this is a real trap.
The spa was small but nice, including Turkish hammam, sauna, jacuzzi (not so nice) and treatments which my wife said were excellent.
The best part was the location, which is literally a 3 minute walk from the central shopping area. The hotel also has access to the beach with its own beach club. Again, the charge for a tent is high considering it is hotel-owned and should be complimentary.
All in all, great hotel but a few pitfalls to be avoided.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mazy M
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I recently stayed at this luxury hotel for three nights during which we had the opportunity to try out the restaurant and enjoy the quietness and enjoyable surrounds of the hotel complex.
Without any doubt what so ever, I recommend this hotel to all. The service and professionalism of the staff was exceptional yet very friendly. A perfect balance and indeed highly appreciated by my wife and I.
The area in general, makes Italy proud and the attention to keep the town tidy and safe made our stay even more attractive.
Thank you very much for a perfect holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I often travel to Forte dei Marmi for bushiness, and this is my favorite hotel there. It has the nicest rooms and a great pool. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Only suites face the front of the hotel (and therefore the ocean). If you get a king room you will...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank r7k
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

We were two families (4+4) traveling to Forte dei Marmi and decided to stay at Grand Hotel Imperiale. One of the families chose a suite for all four and the other family booked two exec rooms. From the moment of our arrival we were impressed by both staff and facilities. This is a true 5 star hotel situated perfectly in FdM. The pool area is extremely charming although located in the back of the hotel. This means that in October the sun will set behind the hotel at around 4PM. The breakfast was great and the restaurant impeccable. The Spa in the hotel is amazing, small but very luxurious and intimate. Turkish and dry sauna were as they should be. Given that the hotel standards were impeccable it was great to have a staff that did everything they could for you. Very personal and professional but definitely the best! PS. free bicycles available - a fantastic experience!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank arispa
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family and I stayed here in August 2010 but I forgot to write a review and feel that I must as I too rely heavily on other people's comments when booking family summer holidays.

I take many months searching for a five star holiday for the family, particularly in Italy as it's our favourite holiday destination. This is the only 5* hotel in Forte dei Marmi.

I had a feeling when I booked one room was going to be too small for my husband and I and two children and it was... but there were larger rooms available which we took and with an interconnecting door to the children's room. Now these rooms were more like to. Large, luxurious, amazing bathrooms and wonderful large terrace to each room and so much wardrobe space!

The hotel is amazing, a short distance from Florence airport. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the beach and lovely expensive shops and delightful restaurants. The market is wonderful as is the beautiful clean park and we so enjoyed racing cars around a cicular park, great fun.

We spent every day by the stunning mosiac pool. Breakfast was delicious. We had superb dinners in the hotel restaurant most evenings with live music. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

YES it is expensive and YES we would definitely go back to this hotel, we all loved the Grand Hotel Imperiale and Forte dei Marmi is beautiful but would make sure I book the larger rooms in future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Giottolovers
Roberta_Bonfanti, Direttore at Grand Hotel Imperiale, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Giottolovers,
thank you so much for your review. We do really appreciate that.
We will be pleased to welcoming you back soon at Grand Hotel Imperiale in Forte Dei Marmi.
Warmest Regards,