New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not necessarily a good choice for teens in your group.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gilda

Gilda
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mobile, AL
“Not necessarily a good choice for teens in your group.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We are a family of 5 from the US visiting in the beginning of June. This was a time of year that the area was not crowded at all. It was my son's 15th birthday and we were looking for a nice meal. The restaurant was quite beautiful and we were seated outside. The waitstaff seemed to spend a lot of time waiting on the other tables and ignored us. It took quite a while to for them to take our order. It also took me several tries of waving my hand to get attention to get some bread brought to us where as the other tables were brought bread right away. Overall the service was not very good for us but was very good for others. The couple that were running the restaurant were very helpful when I was able to get them to come to our table.
The food we ordered was delicious. My sons loved the clam pasta they ordered. I ordered a grilled vegetables and seafood and it was very nice. The dessert that was the house specialty was excellent. All though all of the food we ordered was delicious, the menu was intimidating to my teens and they had a very difficult time finding something that appealed to them. I would return but probably not with my teens.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mobilemom37

“Good Place but food is totally average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We had two courses. The appetizers were really mediocre. The grilled fish was main course . That was OK.

Vasteras, Sweden
“Good food but not so nice staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

A smile could not hurt... And in fact I don't think that the great sea food compensates for the lack of smiles in this place. But if you just want great food, it's a great place.

• Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Musquito paradise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went for dinner and sat outside. It looked pretty nice before we were attacked by an army of musquitos. I am not exaggerating. It was like 100 of them flying all over. The food was ok but nothing to write home about. I will never ever return.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
prato, italy
“Such a lovely lunch...yet again....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I am so in love with this place...I really can not understand the negative reviews!!! The food is excellent, the place is beautiful, the owners are lovely, how an anyone not enjoy their meal at Gilda???? I have been here so many times and am never dissapointed....cant wait to come back again.

• Visited April 2012