We only stayed in this hotel for 2 days and overall enjoyed our stay with some exceptions.
The worst one being the club next door. At first, I was surprised by the reviews that complained about it - looks like we lucked out on our first night. ON the second night, I woke up at 3:30AM by the music. Now, I'm pretty sound sleeper and it is hard to wake me up. I also happen to like house/techno music - but this was not pleasant. There were bunch of teens screaming, partying and being teens. Also, at 4AM when the club shut down (or was shut down), it turned into MotoGP - the departing party guests were racing their obnoxiously loud motorcycles down the street. Luckily, the kids were too tired to hear - but I was awake from around 2:30 - 4:30am.
This is one of the areas that I think hotel management needs to address promptly.
1. Rooms are tiny. Very small. Staying with 2 children, we only got lucky that our 4 year old still fit into a cot they provided. If you're traveling with 2 older kids, you may have to get multiple rooms. Also - walls are very thin, so you can hear people sneeze on the other side. Bathroom, while being roomy, had a rather typical tiny shower. Beds are comfortable but pillows are horrific - stiff like a rock and not very pleasant to sleep on, unless you're a yogi.
2. Place is right at the beach and we had an excellent view of the mountains on one side and sea on the other. However, beach access is NOT included - hotel does not even have it's own beach. There are bunch of private beaches that have prices ranging from LOL (150 euro per day for a set of recliners and a tent?? What???) to OVERPRICED (45 euro per day, but includes 2 towels, 2 recliners, 1 bed. But still - 45 euro??). There is no pool.
3. Hotel design is dated and there's no iron in the room. Also, fridge is small, drinks are overpriced, and fridge didn't even work. ON the plus side - the room had a balcony and did I mention the view?
4. Staff is very attentive and speaks English. We had a little accident on the parking lot and they did their best to help out with reporting it. Sidebar: did you know that Forte Dei Marmi police WILL NOT write an accident report if it happens on a private property? Apparently, it is the law. Anyway, staff helped out with writing the report and overall were very attentive.
5. Breakfast - again, pretty average, nothing really memorable and we looks like the kitchen does not get a lot of visitors. But then again, we stayed during the week - so, maybe it gets little busier on weekends.
6. Parking was plentiful and free. We did stay during the week, so no idea how the parking situation may be on a weekend.
7. Location is excellent - close to the beach, not too far from overpriced shopping stores.. but if there's one thing that completely disappointed in FDM - the air of snobbery about the place. I realize it's supposed to be upscale resort, and judging by the number of Bentleys, Ferraris, and other exotics - this is NO LADISPOLI. That much is clear. However, walking around the city in your beach attire will get you some turned brows and hoity-toity stares.
Overall, I think the place was a little overpriced and if not for outrageous prices to get to the beach, plus noisy club across the street - it would have been an almost perfect stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Areion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.