We stayed at Villaggio Albergo Nevada for a week in January. The rooms are very spacious and well laid-out (even though our room resembled none of the photos on this page) and the central heating was just right for most of the time. All-in-all staying here was a very good experience - the staff where all very courteous and the hotel was well-equipped with a sauna, steam-room, indoor pool, gym and children's play area as well as a reasonably good restaurant. We also liked how the hotel is sub-divided into a number of separate blocks which are all interconnected underground to avoid having to go out in the rain.
However we felt that the hotel was let down by a number of very-small shortcomings, which added-up in the end:
- The hotel has a very strange policy of holding on to your passport for the duration of your stay. Passports are kept in open pigeon-holes behind the reception desk and it seemed to me that they could quite easily by lost or stolen.
- The walls are paper thin - we could literally hear every word and every snore from the neighbouring rooms - we were also able to overhear conversations between our friends in the floor below us! Our first night was interrupted by a crying baby at 2:00 in the morning and when that family moved it out, it was replaced by one with an early morning ritual of switching on the TV at 7:00am and shouting at the kids till 8:00am - not the most relaxing way to start the day!
- There were three flights of stairs to get to our room and no lifts - which made lugging a suitcase up to the room quite a chore - to make things worse, the lights are switched off at night with no way to turn them back on - so we had to make our way down the stairs carrying heavy luggage and completely blind when it came time to leave the hotel!
- The layout of the hotel itself is rather labyrinthine and not too well sign-posted. It took us a while going around the block trying to find our room on the first night, and trying to find your way to the spa area is quite an adventure too - just a few more signs around the place would help.
- Our double-bed was actually two single beds moved next to each other, which always left one of us trying to avoid the hard wooden gap between the mattresses.
Still on the whole, we had a pleasant stay - and this is a very conveniently-located spot for those who intend to ski at the nearby (5mins walk) Cost Ski Resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villaggio Albergo Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.