Hotel San Giorgio
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$135
Nord Roma(Fiuggi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,196 results
All reviewssaga tourspa hotelantipasti buffetenjoyed our stayreasonable sizecomfy setteesroom was large and comfortablebit datedsmall showeron arrivalanti pasticomfortable hotelevening mealreceptionbalconytownsunbathing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Prior to making my reservation I called them to make sure that they have a working wi-fi. I travel for work 80% of the time and unfortunately in Italy my experience is that Hotels claim that there is wi-fi only to lie to you. Well... it happened again! I arrive at 18:00 ready to catch up on work and ZERO wi-fi in the room... in the lobby... anywhere!

But this would not be enough to give a bad rating. The terrible rating is simple for me. I am one of those old fashion travelers who goes to a hotel to catch a good night sleep. To me the bed is everything! and well... the mattresses at the Hotel San Giorgio are straight out of the 60's... soft as a hammock.. I desperately tried to change room but ALL the rooms were the same (tried 3 other rooms).

So... no wi-fi... hammock bed... well.. at least the TV right? sure... the Hotel San Giorgio's idea of a TV is a 14" computer monitor nestled atop a sky box. My laptop screen is bigger!

The only saving grace is the Spa!.. but that is not enough to fix your back after a night on the San Giorgio's beds!

The decor of the room was pre-1965 and the room and bathroom was dusty with that sort of old smell you would expect at your grandmother's house.

Lastly... the toilet did not work! ... the water would not fill the top... so the flushing had to be done by filling the waste basket.

If I could give a zero rating I would.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank albass14
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Lovely hotel with helpful staff. Allowed free use of a primter for tickets I purchased on-line for the Vatican. A 5 course meal was served every night with a great choice
Comfortable clean rooms. A great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dragonparsons
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently set in the centre of the picturesque smart small town of Fiuggi. We came here as part of the Saga "Italian Classic Tour". Our rooms were clean and had all facilities with a small balcony and a lovely view from the 4th floor. All food was good but best to avoid the fish if you don't like it wet, and tasteless, and the breakfast bacon was thin, fatty, oily and also tasteless. However, at dinner there was a very substantial and excellent buffet selection to start the dinner. It was easy to walk from the hotel to a local, if small, supermarket nearby. As soon as we entered the hotel, we found it homely and welcoming in attractive surroundings. Altogether a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HelenH62
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on a Saga Tour and I found the the entrance and public areas were lovely. The rooms were a little old fashioned but very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was very good indeed.

I especially enjoyed the Heaven Spa which was a very relaxing experience and very good value for money. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Salawhitton
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent three nights at the San Giorgio as part of a group, and our first impression was good. The entrance and the public areas were spacious and nicely decorated. The room, however, was very dated and there was no air condition or fridge to keep water cool. The weather was very hot, but a slightly grumpy receptionist told us that they had turned the air conditioning off, as it was September. On day two, however, it came on. The same was the case with the promised wi-fi, it did not work until well into our stay, despite the hotel having confirmed to us by email prior to our arrival that it was available.
The restaurant service was not attentive, the waiters did not always offer everyone to order drinks with the meals, and courses were served haphazardly. On one occasion I had been given two courses before my husband had anything.
Breakfast choice was limited, only white bread was offered, but lots of cakes and jams, leaving us doubtful about the famous “healthy” Mediterranean diet.
The TV in the room was complicated to operate, with no written manual, we had to have assistance twice. On one of the occasions the cable had simply been unplugged by the cleaners!
The reception staff was mostly helpful but hard to communicate with because of lacking language skills.
The location of the hotel is not bad, it is in a town centre, near many nice shops and cafés.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple