I am very mixed about this hotel and would have given it a 4/5 but I'm trying to be a bit more critical lately so here goes:
Pros: got lucky with an awesome desk clerk that gave me a ton of info on the mountain bike scene, the location is sweet, the price is reasonable but not amazing, the rooms are decently sized, and the coffee machine cranks out some really above average hotel espresso shots, room 406 (ours) had a nice patio area (sadly it was a bit too chilly to enjoy it during our stay, but would be sweet in summer). The older nature of the building lends some charm.
Cons: the wifi was terrible....which these days is kind of a big deal when planning on the go. If I'm one of 3 people staying in the hotel in the offseason and connectivity is STILL bad/slow....then there's a serious issue. Breakfast is included which is always great but it is very mediocre compared to some other Italian hotels in the same class. Paying for the "seaview" was a bit of a let down as the "view" was 80% obscured by a wall connecting the patio to another adjacent building. Parking was extra and very limited. We were lucky that we were one of only a few other guests so we didn't have to compete with anyone for a space, but I think there ware maybe 2? spots for the entire hotel? Not their fault, but worth noting if you plan to drive...
Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I might checkout a few other options first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medusa Hotel, a charming completely renovated XVII building, is located on the Finalmarina promenade, few steps from the beach and the historic centre of the town. You will find a warm welcome all year round in this familiar and peaceful establishment. The Hotel is equipped with a lift, air-conditioning restaurant, a terrace with a lovely sea-view and a meeting room. All bedrooms have been fully renewed and include a bathrooms with shower, satellite-TV, hair-dryer and sound-proofed doors. Some of this have a lovely sea- view.For our little guests we have purposely planned a furnished area. During the summer an assistant follow them daily entertaining them with games and animations, particularly during their parents' lunch time. Mothers devoted kitchen corner.At the restaurant they will find high chairs, table-clothes colorable, colourful dishes and glasses. The sandy beach is equipped with swimming- pool and toys for the baby bathers. Little beds, with anything else required are provided in the bedrooms.Finale Ligure is ideal for sports, mountain biking and hill-walking as it as at the edge of picturesque mountain which are criss-crossed with paths.Cycle tourists are offered facilities for free bike storage and washing, as well as a small workshops and maps and guides. Near the hotel, you can hire mountain bikes and join guided excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Medusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medusa Hotel Finale Ligure
- Hotel Medusa Finale Ligure, Italy - Liguria