“Wonderful, innovative food in a classy setting”

Ristorante Ca' d'Frara
Ranked #18 of 560 Restaurants in Ferrara
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional cuisine in downtown of the city.Seasonal fish dishes.
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful, innovative food in a classy setting”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went twice in four days to this wonderful, somewhat traditional Ferrara ristorante, and we certainly were not disappointed. I loved the local pasta dishes, the terrific service - the owner remember my name on the 2nd visit - and great decor.

1 Thank bobpowers

Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We've eaten here twice. The first time it was late and getting a menu took a while. However, things improved and the food and house wine were excellent and service attentive.
The second visit was earlier in the evening and the service was more prompt. We tried different dishes and were once again delighted with what we were served.
There is an extensive, if dear, beer list in addition to fine wines.
I'd happy return here again and again. It is clearly and justifiably popular.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Unsophisticated but tasty food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Generous quantities of food, but a little crude. We both found our starters (tagliatelle with ham and shellfish in broth) too salty but good. Mains of grilled lamb and duck were simply cooked but pleasant enough. English-speaking customers with no Italian should be warned that the English version of the menu is incomplete, inadequate and incompetently translated.

• Visited October 2012
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Cucina Ferrarese with a modern touch”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Warm welcome on arrival in this modern trattoria. Qualitiy ingrediantes traditionally prepared.Simple desserts menu but all well made and presented. Good sangiovese house red and friendly sevice. In our opinion is Ferrara town centre best value for money. Please book in advance, it was thursday night and it was full, mostly locals and/or italians diners.

Venice, FL
“You Won't Be Disappointed.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

After checking TripAdvisor as I always do before heading to a new city, I came across this restaurant and many fine reviews. I took a train from Bologna to see this ancient walled city and explore the famous castle in the center of town and visit as many places as I could in a few hours. When lunch time approached I checked my map and walked to the restaurant hidden away on a side seat. The inside is contemporary and very clean and crisp with nice cloth tablecloths and napkins. The owner greeted me and we spoke in Italian about my trip to Italy and my Italian heritage. He recommended a few local dishes and I agreed. First, I had an antipasto salumi, which is mouth watering plate of various coldcuts that taste so good in Italy. This dish was delicious and plentiful along with the local bread called "pinzinni" which reminds me of New Mexico sopapillas. For pasta I had the famous Ferrara dish called "cappelliacci" which is a large hat-shaped pasta stuffed with sweet squash mixed with parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Absolutely delicious. The owner gave me a large placemat with all their special dishes described in Italian and English. He speaks English very well and the service was excellent. The menu is varied and suitable for a wide range of tastes. I strongly recommend a visit to this restaurant if you ever visit charming Ferrara.

1 Thank Karl B