“Journey to the Heaven”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2019

Very pleasant surprise, what they serve for that money. Difficult to find so excellent dinner for so fair price.
I had Saint Tropez menu and it was just perfect. Some dishes were quite inovative, some a bit less, but all very tasteful and I enjoyed in clear flavours of each bite. I like modern approach, but without too big experiments and I think young chef makes perfect job. One of my best dinner ever.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (972)

Reviewed February 1, 2018

Had dozens of small and creative fish apperitives. Didn't need any other food. Quite high end and special. I'd recommend to any good food lover

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We tried the new restaurant AlMare and we were not dissappointed, the young chef that was trained in Nice and St Tropez is running a very trendy restaurant. Very friendly staff, great innovative cooking using local sea-oriented ingredients. A free prosseco to clean the palate followed by (a somewhat very speedy service, not uncommon in Italy) a rollercoaster of excellent antipasti and prima piatti, an excellent brodettero, the main courses still need some finetuning. But no doubt a rising star that could fly to a Michelin star if you ask me. We paid <45 euro per person, for the service given excellent value. Great outside seating, need to book upfront because it is very popular. We hope to be back soon.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Dirk_at_Leuven
Reviewed July 11, 2017

So, I am always searching for great quality/price restaurants. The tasting menus here offer a wonderful fine dining experience with interesting seafood flavours for an unheard of price (unheard of on the low end, that is). I ate at the former location of Chef Antonio's restaurant and it was charming and cozy, and they have transported the same coziness to a stunning beachfront location. The presentation of the food is wonderful, and the service is kind and efficient. Above all, the taste is fantastic and with combinations I had not tried before (I'm more of a traditionalist and not much for the new cuisine style). Tip of the hat to Antonio and his staff.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank melissa_kc
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

Very nice modern interior, great location on the beachfront. Food was very good, portions are a good size and elegantly presented. I would highly recommend, we specially liked the fish ravioli with bottarga sauce.

Date of visit: April 2017