“Long but yummy ”

Ranked #48 of 345 Restaurants in Fano
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

To change from the usual fish dinners while at the beach, this is certainly a viable alternative.
The sushi was excellent: the fish was very fresh and the rolls were well thought out and well executed. There is a great variety of rolls which are very interesting and quite innovative. Along with the rolls we also had sashimi and nigiri. The sashimi was excellent; the nigiris as well-relationship between fish and rice was absolutely perfect.
Only problem was the service which was very slow. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was full but we waited more than 40 minutes for our first plate, which is a little bit too long.
Prices are fair, especially if you use the “all you can eat” formula.
Location is nice, if you can reserve a table outside which is much nicer!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (386)

Reviewed May 17, 2018

The fixed price of 11.90 for lunch, where you can eat as much as you want from a menu with 32 items on it, is indeed good value. I had sashimi, sushi, tempura, rice until I could eat no more. Though it’s a Japanese restaurant, the staff and chef are Chinese. The young man from Bangladesh was incredibly helpful in talking me through the vast menu. Without him I would have been lost. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal..

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We decided to come here tonight when we saw the rating on TripAdvisor was four stars. But it's our fault that we didn't check the comment carefully. We left with huge disappointment .

1. Sashimi:
Super tiny pieces of sashimi with same size of the girl's thumb and only 0.5cm thin. Its not finely cut when some pieces fall apart when you pick it up. Our tuna even had some shrimp eggs stuck on the side.

2. Fish bone in the sashimi:
If this happens in a proper Japanese restaurant, I believe the chef would be fired because it's highly unacceptable and it actually never happened in our previous experience in other places since we been enjoying the Japanese foods for more than 10 years!

3. Overpriced menu:
The tiny sashimi of 9pcs costs us 15 euro, one tiger roll (salmon wrap with shrimp inside) is another 15 euro.
In total, we had 2 rolls, 9pcs sashimi, 6psc nigiri, 1 sake and its 60 euro! I can't say we have big stomach but we left with 50% full.

I'd never come back!

Date of visit: August 2017
Elena S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Mikaku, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Dear Evelyn, we are really sorry to read your comment, but we want to answer point by point to your remark:

- The size of our sashimi are thought to allow our guests to try different types and however there are 2 or more pieces in every dishes

- We apologize for the bone you found inside the fish, you would have tell it to us during the dinner and we would have remedy immediately

- The prices are clearly shown outside our restaurant, so you knew it before, however we also have the “all you can eat” formula at a convenient price, you could have chosen it

Hope to have explained you everything we bring to you our kindest regards.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

I have eaten here many times- both with friends and my husband, and for lunch and dinner. The fish is really good and fresh and the prices are really reasonable. For lunch they have a menu with Antipasto, Primo, and Secondo with fruit and salad for just 10€ with a nice selection to choose from. The staff is always very friendly.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank caseyguglielmi
Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

There's always a warm welcome here which makes us feel special. The service is excellent. Fresh ingredients, beautifully presented - what more could I want! Good prices wine also or Japanese beer if you prefer. Thanks again. A presto amici!

Date of visit: December 2015