“MUST GO! Unique experience!”

Ristorante Silverio
Ranked #8 of 211 Restaurants in Faenza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

This is one of the greatest restaurants I’ve been in Italy. Great Service, very unique place, and delicious food. The plates with “tartufo” are the one you must try. Delicious. Everything was incredible!!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a reviewReviews (636)

Reviewed December 29, 2015

Before I die, this is the restaurant I would like to eat in, and then go with a smile on my face. Niko the owner is a third generation caretaker of this restaurant. The passion clearly burns through. This is his life, he loves what he does and it shows, in huge abundance. The restaurant entrance is unprepossessing, and it is very deceptive, because come down the stairs and in the basement where there are 8 tables, this small establishment screams character. Go through the eating area and you enter Niko's personal 'man cave', with some of the rarest and finest wines in Italy. One of these is an Amarone only six remain in the entire Italy of that vintage.
The food is outstanding. We let Niko do the choosing for us and it was stunning. The antipasti was a selection for us to share and then three in our group asked him to choose the pasta and I asked for a fillet steak. I could see I struck a chord in Niko when I asked my beef to be served 'blue', but the meat was so good that it would have been a sacrilege to burn it in any way. The steak was served in a fine Balsamic Vinegar dressing and it was as we were told, the way his Grandfather served beef, many years ago. I have had steaks in many places around the globe and this piece of meat must surely sit in the top three, ever.
Faenza is not usually on the tourist map unless one is a lover of ceramics. I would urge you however to make an effort to come and eat at Niko's Ristorante Silverio if you are ever in this region, or make a detour to come here. Bellissimo, Stupendo!!! Grazie Mille Niko.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed February 1, 2015

maybe it's because I had great expectations but did not find any particular dish or something that makes me wish to try it another time

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank SomeshG850
Reviewed December 3, 2014

Silverio is a small, dramatic restaurant in the town centre. It offers little rooms, for few people, underground, in what once were ancient cellars or stock rooms, but it also has a few outdoor seats in a tiny and intimate enclosed garden.
The menu choice is excellent, Silverio only cooks what inspires him on an almost daily basis. The choice of wine is excellent. The staff is very polite and prepared.
I suggest the place for an extra cuddle.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Desperate to find lunch in Faenza, we took to the backstreets - even the bars were closing at Sunday lunchtime, the main squares only had a handball competition. Turning a corner, we spotted a guy in an apron. Follow that man! He walked back into a dark cavern. Three men sat smiling inside, and welcomed us in. We were taken into a tiny enclosed garden with space for about eight tables. The flamboyant Maître d' and sone of the owner, Nico, introduced the newspaper style menu. Home baked bread and 10 year old balsamic, local oil, black salt, followed by perfect crimson fillet steak in a balsamic reduction, a beautiful delicate half poussin resting on lemon and sage, spinach mousse in a creamy cheese sauce, rosemary potatoes and aubergine crusted with Parmesan...this was all exquisite. Sweets were merely great. Service was wonderful. The bill was reasonable. A great Italian dining experience.

Date of visit: May 2014