All reviews hilltop town family run terrace street park history
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

As collectors of the Piatto del Buon Ricordo we made a special trip to the hilltop town of Erice. We had a delicious lunch at this restaurant, the pasta alla Norma and scallopine Marsala were heavenly. The featured fish entree for the plate was excellent. The homemade almond semifreddo...yummy. The hotel restaurant is family run, with the mother cooking! They were so nice to us and we really appreciated their generosity and kindness in giving us a second plate....previous featured entree of couscous.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2017

+ room and bathroom well equipped
+ clean
+ quiet
+ nice lobby
+ wonderful terrace with amazing view
+aircon

- short bed and very soft matress
- only sweet options for breakfast
- wifi only in lobby
- some staff with no english at all

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2017

Small rooms, tiny beds that are very soft and not comfortable, very hard pillows, beds are very low to floor.
Small shuttered windows with no views. Flat screen TV with no English programming. The air conditioning worked well.
No safe. Room was very clean and every thing worked.
Bathroom adequate, lots of hot water for showers but low water pressure. The shower flooded the bathroom floor.
Nice common areas of hotel, very small lift which was barley adequate.
Breakfast was adequate.
Well situated in village with shops and restaurants very close by.
Hotel is hard to get to, up a steep street with cobbles, very narrow, so if you have mobility issues this is not a good town to visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We arrived breathless at the reception after a stiff walk up the beautiful cobbled streets of Erice.
We were welcomed by a lady with excellent English who had prepared everything for us. She gave us advice on where we could go in the town later and a map which she marked with her recommendations.
The hotel is modest looking from the outside but is beautiful inside, very clean and nicely decorated with Arab style geometric rugs and traditional Sicilian artwork. My room was spotless as was the ensuite bathroom.
The food here was excellent, we had two traditional Sicilian dinners and enjoyed them both.
The roof terrace is spectacular and a lovely spot for an evening drink.
I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the stunning hilltop town.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Once upon a time, in a land far far away (the land was called Windsor) in London, I was about eight years old. I was visiting Legoland with my grandmother who was wearing a black and white striped shirt and dark jeans, and I was wearing.... I can't remember. Anyway that is not important to the story. Atchoooo! Sorry I just sneezed. So basically we spent the whole day walking around that lego park and it was a very interesting visit. I loved it so much because my grandmother bought me a jelly belly pet rat gummi candy and when I ate it I said "who's a good boy, who's a good boy?" However my analysis of the situation came to be thus: the jelly belly pet rat gummi candy needed extra bungee cord tail. It was a very sad moment when I discovered this so I shouted out- "TO DIE, TO SLEEP"... sorry my dog is reciting Shakespeare again. Anyway, as I was previously saying, I was unsatisfied with the jelly belly pet rat gummi candy so I wanted to alert my grandmother in order that she may not buy any more for my Christmas or birthday present. So I turned around and said to my grandma "this pet rat gummi candy does not have enough bungeeeeeee cord, not enough bungeeeeee cord". However, then something very unfortunate happened. I will first give you a clue to see if you can guess first: stripes. Did you not guess? Okay well, apparently that woman was not my grandma, but she was wearing the exact same clothing. How weird is that? Anyway she took the jelly belly pet rat gummi candy and then stretched his tail so that there was more bungee cord. I was very happy once again because there was more bungee cord and I felt very pleased that there was more bungee cord.

Anyway, this hotel had a good terrace, food was not bad, breakfast limited in choice, lift was smelly, and some things were dirty and rusty. Overall 7.5/10

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends